Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Good news cyclists of Leicestershire...

... The council wholeheartdely backs you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-42961418

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
2 likes

I fail to see how a Jag parked in a bus stop is any more of a hazard to cyclists than a bus parked in a bus stop.

lllnorrislll | 6 years ago
0 likes

This story wasn't going to go any other way, because -
A. He was a veteran
B. He was helping a homeless person
C. No body like Saulsbry, although he actually defended that the cameras were there for the safety of cyclists, following a tragic death
D. It happened early on Christmas day, which is the only time that this piece of road would be empty.
E. They're income generators innit.

Dnnnnnn replied to lllnorrislll | 6 years ago
0 likes

lllnorrislll wrote:

This story wasn't going to go any other way, because - A. He was a veteran B. He was helping a homeless person C. No body like Saulsbry, although he actually defended that the cameras were there for the safety of cyclists, following a tragic death D. It happened early on Christmas day, which is the only time that this piece of road would be empty. E. They're income generators innit.

Yes, I see the fine has been overturned: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-42973471

I know rules is rules and should apply to everyone but there's a bit of scope for common sense too.

Canyon48 replied to Dnnnnnn | 6 years ago
0 likes

Duncann wrote:

lllnorrislll wrote:

This story wasn't going to go any other way, because - A. He was a veteran B. He was helping a homeless person C. No body like Saulsbry, although he actually defended that the cameras were there for the safety of cyclists, following a tragic death D. It happened early on Christmas day, which is the only time that this piece of road would be empty. E. They're income generators innit.

I know rules is rules and should apply to everyone but there's a bit of scope for common sense too.

I'm glad common sense did prevail!

lllnorrislll replied to Canyon48 | 6 years ago
0 likes
wellsprop wrote:

Duncann wrote:

lllnorrislll wrote:

The problem is that it's automated, there is no room for discretion, unlike being stopped by a real policeman. But for the rest of the year it's a dangerous piece of road for cyclists and needs a system in place to catch the habitual taxis etc that park up.

Kendalred replied to Canyon48 | 6 years ago
1 like

wellsprop wrote:

Duncann wrote:

lllnorrislll wrote:

Funny how that tends to happen once the press get hold of it.

Latest Comments