Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pioneer Power Meter stuck in ANT

So, I picked up a well priced Pioneer dual leg power meter on eBay. (Minus the magnets or head unit). Just put it on my bike and it seems to be stuck in ANT more (as opposed to ANT+).

When I put the battery in, a green light stays on for ten seconds. When I press the switch on the drive side unit, nothing happens.

I emailed Pioneer who replied:

The mode switch sequence is no longer supported via the button on the right side. This changed over a year ago when all power meters began to ship in ANT+ mode. In order to perform the switch over from Pioneer mode to ANT+ a Pioneer computer would be necessary. I would recommend to try reaching out to a local shop in order to find a computer locally so they can switch the mode for you. If you are not able o locate a Pioneer computer locally the power meter would have to come in to our facility in CA so we can switch over to correct mode.

Problem: I live in Dublin, Ireland and these aren't exactly common here. Does anyone have ANY idea what to do??! (Without spending another e200 on a head unit??!)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments