Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

civility, or the lack of...

So British people need to be more civil to each other, and this list of people who need to change their behaviour apparently includes cyclists who 'take the lane'

http://www.newspress.co.uk/public/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=76016&pr_...

It is rather depressing that so many don't understand the causes of congestion or bother to read the Highway Code.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Civility being behaviour regarding speech could be seen as our body speech; our muscle memory and silent use of.
Even cyclists that run a muck are often better of behaviour than a mass of the many polluting transport pilots upon our planet.

Regarding civility of cyclists; I believe you guys are friggin awesome!!!!
I only started riding cummuting not long ago. Disliked doubting my energy requirements. 3 weeks later commuting distance went from a straight line 7 km to circle hilly 52km. Just because I want too!!
Rego or rather loss of cost easily covers cycling costs and petrol or rather loss of more than doubles the cycling budget. Surprise surplus despite multiple bicycle purchase!!

In my opinion; generally cyclists show civility.

Thank you much local council with regards to our south Australian roads, hundreds of kms of smooth bicycle lanes have been constructed such the common people like me may spend less earnings, exercise more and crave healthy nutritional feeds

ConcordeCX | 6 years ago
2 likes

This like a butcher asking his customers about vegetarians.

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
4 likes

"36% of respondents said that lorry drivers generally don’t give enough due care or attention to other road users"

So 1 in 3 people think that lorry drivers are potential killers but they're bothered about whether I wear hi-viz.

Makes sense!

brooksby | 6 years ago
0 likes

Quote:

200 people were independently surveyed and asked to select from a list of grievance statements those that they agreed with.

I wonder what the "grievance statements" actually said...?

fenix | 6 years ago
2 likes

This is just a boring puffpiece deisnged to show off the sponsors business.

They asked just 200 people ffs - and it was probably leading questions - 

1. Does it annoy you when cyclists cycle in the middle of the road, creating a long queue of traffic behind them ?

Don't even give this piece of rubbish any more publicity. 

Latest Comments