Is Aldi now stocking Rapha?

by TheHatter   September 13, 2010  

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15610.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-09-13-14-42

20 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Well after the recent weather I think it is time to get some winter gear!

Off to Aldi 2morro to take a look!

I like my bike but it needs a hidden 25cc motor Smile

Fish_n_Chips's picture

posted by Fish_n_Chips [325 posts]
14th September 2010 - 15:52

like this
Like (2)

best wait till thursday, eh Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7282 posts]
14th September 2010 - 15:59

like this
Like (3)
From Desktop

Sick

DaveP's picture

posted by DaveP [467 posts]
14th September 2010 - 19:09

like this
Like (3)

DaveP wrote:

From Desktop

Sick

bit harsh ?
if you want naff have you seen Rapha's silk scarves? (that said I have just purchased a rapha merino collar Smile )

TheHatter's picture

posted by TheHatter [810 posts]
14th September 2010 - 20:11

like this
Like (2)

i'm going via trowbridge on thursday morny to see what i can pick up. i'll do a quick vid and whack it up on the site Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

14th September 2010 - 21:14

like this
Like (3)

Just worked out I can pop in a visit on my way in to work..
Cool

DaveP's picture

14th September 2010 - 21:16

like this
Like (3)

all this talk, means i'm gonna go and have a look also..30% merino, 14 squid, worth a punt at least.

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
14th September 2010 - 22:02

like this
Like (2)

The mens baggy shorts look good for commuting too. I've only bought one thing from aldi before; a soft shell jacket and it was great until the zip bust. I notice all the new stuff is listed as having ykk zips so that should be solved.

TheHatter's picture

posted by TheHatter [810 posts]
14th September 2010 - 22:10

like this
Like (4)

I might be tempted with rain jacket myself actually.

posted by Super Domestique [1598 posts]
15th September 2010 - 8:50

like this
Like (5)

so did anyone buy one today?

(i had a look but thought better of it, no rear pockets, not my colour and not in my size...)

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
16th September 2010 - 17:04

like this
Like (2)

our mat did, we'll report tomorrow. he got some socks too.

Dave Atkinson's picture

16th September 2010 - 17:15

like this
Like (3)

They only had the winter jacket in my local(ish) one not the flo yellow rain jacket I wanted. Plus the winter jacket was black so not ideal imho.

posted by Super Domestique [1598 posts]
16th September 2010 - 17:58

like this
Like (4)

Merino jersey and socks.. perfect look for me ( not tight ) ok for off bike use, will test ride them tomorrow. Nerd

The rain jacket and trousers looked to be rubberised, so would turn into a sauna-suit and be wetter on the inside!

DaveP's picture

17th September 2010 - 0:24

like this
Like (2)

dave_atkinson wrote:
best wait till thursday, eh Smile

Doh!

Too excited? lol Big Grin

I looked at the jersey and decided to leave it as it was quite low in merino % but what do you expect at that price I guess.

I like my bike but it needs a hidden 25cc motor Smile

Fish_n_Chips's picture

posted by Fish_n_Chips [325 posts]
17th September 2010 - 18:28

like this
Like (2)

We raided the road.cc petty cash tin and bought the merino jersey. Not that we're short of kit around these parts - I think we just got swept up in the excitement. It was busy in there but no queues or nuffink. Anyway, the quality is fine. It's kind of thin with no rear pockets but it looks cool, the zip is YKK, you get a silicone gripper around the rear hem... it's neat. We'll do a Schwag Grab on it next week. That's nearly 14 quid's worth – or was it 15? – so make sure you don't miss it!

posted by Mat Brett [1849 posts]
17th September 2010 - 18:58

like this
Like (2)

yeah they be rare as hen's teeth by then - who knows what they'll be fetching on ebay Surprise

Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4132 posts]
17th September 2010 - 19:00

like this
Like (1)

The merino(ish) socks are quite good.. spent the weekend in mine without ill effect

DaveP's picture

19th September 2010 - 21:26

like this
Like (1)

Pack of crumpets, garden trowel and a heart rate monitor. Yup, can't beat shopping at Aldi.

posted by ike2112 [8 posts]
21st September 2010 - 23:56

like this
Like (3)

Fringe wrote:
so did anyone buy one today?

I have got one and very pleasant it is too Big Grin

jimmythecuckoo's picture

posted by jimmythecuckoo [1235 posts]
22nd September 2010 - 16:14

like this
Like (2)

If you mean the mountain bike shorts I bought a pair in XL. The inner shorts were a very strange fit, and would only just cover my butt as in a "down in the hood" low slung jeans look. They also appeared to be bigger than the outer shell, and yet the seat pad hardly covered the vital areas. As I am aged 60
I tried to pull them up and "ping" the rubber retainers snapped. I discarded the inners and tried the shorts over a pair of Aldi lycra shorts with padded seat and the two were a perfect combo,all pulled up nice and snug ready for the chill winds of winter. At £12.99 I thought they were worth keeping and have put the inners in the "might come in handy" drawer.
I have previously tried other brands of commuter/mtb shorts and although these don't have a double seat and other features for the money they are fine.

posted by billiobob [49 posts]
23rd September 2010 - 9:12

like this
Like (2)