Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Powermeter + crankset / Bottom bracket question

Hello! 

I am bit confused abot BB types and compatibilties. I have a Nivolet 6 LC 2017 bike with pressfit 86.5 bottom bracket standard.

Since It looks stages and 4iiii barly fits my frameset I'm thinking to buy an FSA powerbox carbon 386EVOor Power2max NGeco FSA K-Force Light BB386EVO to exchange my Ultegra crankset. 

I currentle have a duraace BB and I'm not sure if it is compatible with the BB386EVO type cranksets.

The bike currently have ultegra di2 6870 + DURA ACE BB86 bottom bracket.

Thanks for your help. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simontuck | 6 years ago
0 likes

Praxis is a good source of BB adaptors, etc.

chegue | 6 years ago
0 likes

The only problem is that I'm affraid that it would be a downgrade in quality  1 Power2Max recommended the same BB instead of the duraace i'm using or to by rotor 3d which is compatible with my current bb. 
Do u have any idea if there is signifivant quality difference between ultegre 6800, FSA KForce light and Rotor 3d? 

Acm | 6 years ago
1 like

I'm confused as to why you say 4iiii and stages barely fit your frame; both of them make power meters based around the same Shimano cranks as yours. With those you wouldn't need a new bottom bracket, and I'm fairly sure you can buy a left arm only and just swap those

chegue replied to Acm | 6 years ago
0 likes
Acm wrote:

I'm confused as to why you say 4iiii and stages barely fit your frame; both of them make power meters based around the same Shimano cranks as yours. With those you wouldn't need a new bottom bracket, and I'm fairly sure you can buy a left arm only and just swap those

Dear Acm!

I wanted to buy 4iiii but unfortunately according to their and stages' fitting guide my bike does not have enough clearance between the crankarms and frame  2

At 4iiii according to their pdf guide there should be enogh place to moove a AAA battery along a grey line and in my case the battery just stucks at the first ~5mm. Same problem with stages  2

I'm afraid if i trial it would be an expensive fail  2

Acm replied to chegue | 6 years ago
0 likes
chegue wrote:
Acm wrote:

Dear Acm!

I wanted to buy 4iiii but unfortunately according to their and stages' fitting guide my bike does not have enough clearance between the crankarms and frame  2

At 4iiii according to their pdf guide there should be enogh place to moove a AAA battery along a grey line and in my case the battery just stucks at the first ~5mm. Same problem with stages  2

I'm afraid if i trial it would be an expensive fail  2

Ah ok, that makes sense! The bottom bracket linked to above should work fine with the bb386 cranks, so that's a good choice. Your other options would be a Quarq or Rotor power meter, but I don't know how they compare price-wise to the FSA.

philhubbard | 6 years ago
1 like

Latest Comments