Home

I've lost my Blackburn carbon pump  20

What is the best replacement (frame fit) pump - that can genuinely get up to 100psi when I need it at the roadside, that can mount next to the downtube bottle holder on my sportive bike or will fit nicely in the back pocket of my jersey?

7 comments

dave atkinson [6223 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

the lifetime warranty doesn't stretch to losing it then?  1

you can do a lot worse than buying another one the same, or the alloy version. i really like blackburn's frame pumps.

step-hent [722 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm a fan of the Lezyne Road Drive - very smooth action and copes easily with 100psi. Also comes in black, silver or white so there are options to match it to the bike...

simonmb [353 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Track pump at home, CO2 bottle and regulator in my pocket.

Jon Burrage [998 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
step-hent wrote:

I'm a fan of the Lezyne Road Drive - very smooth action and copes easily with 100psi. Also comes in black, silver or white so there are options to match it to the bike...

I had one of them - shook itself to bits on the roads around bristol. Prior to that I had noticed the pump getting pretty hot when inflating.

I now use a basic topeak dk, about £15 from any LBS

Martin Thomas [380 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the Lezyne. Small, gorgeous and effective - unlike me.

John_the_Monkey [437 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Specialized Airtool Road - nice and simple, and ime very reliable.

windrush [1 post] 5 years ago
0 likes

Believe it or not I managed to get up to around 90ish psi with a frame mounting pump from Halfords which claimed to be a track pump, on account of having a kind of small pull-out foot stabiliser, so you could put it on the ground while pumping.

Whether it will last is another matter and I did get some wierd looks, but its better than pumping in mid air.