Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Recommended pump

I've lost my Blackburn carbon pump  20

What is the best replacement (frame fit) pump - that can genuinely get up to 100psi when I need it at the roadside, that can mount next to the downtube bottle holder on my sportive bike or will fit nicely in the back pocket of my jersey?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

windrush | 13 years ago
0 likes

Believe it or not I managed to get up to around 90ish psi with a frame mounting pump from Halfords which claimed to be a track pump, on account of having a kind of small pull-out foot stabiliser, so you could put it on the ground while pumping.

Whether it will last is another matter and I did get some wierd looks, but its better than pumping in mid air.

John_the_Monkey | 13 years ago
0 likes

Specialized Airtool Road - nice and simple, and ime very reliable.

Martin Thomas | 13 years ago
0 likes

+1 for the Lezyne. Small, gorgeous and effective - unlike me.

simonmb | 13 years ago
0 likes

Track pump at home, CO2 bottle and regulator in my pocket.

step-hent | 13 years ago
0 likes

I'm a fan of the Lezyne Road Drive - very smooth action and copes easily with 100psi. Also comes in black, silver or white so there are options to match it to the bike...

Jon Burrage replied to step-hent | 13 years ago
0 likes
step-hent wrote:

I'm a fan of the Lezyne Road Drive - very smooth action and copes easily with 100psi. Also comes in black, silver or white so there are options to match it to the bike...

I had one of them - shook itself to bits on the roads around bristol. Prior to that I had noticed the pump getting pretty hot when inflating.

I now use a basic topeak dk, about £15 from any LBS

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

the lifetime warranty doesn't stretch to losing it then?  1

you can do a lot worse than buying another one the same, or the alloy version. i really like blackburn's frame pumps.

Latest Comments