Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone go out this morning?

Shit me that was hard.

That is all.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

christoff | 6 years ago
0 likes

i mirror the first persons comment....S*** me it was bloody hard.

68k around Winscombe / Banwell, felt like i had ridden double that !!!  not really ridden over christmas and lost a bit of condition,...icy headwind all the way home, ave 22kph

think ill get on the Turbo until it goes above 4 degrees...

Stef Marazzi | 6 years ago
0 likes

36 miles for my local group - Mendips too dodgy for us, so headed to Bristol, where its usually warmer. Went up Bridge Valley road to the Clifton Downs and its snowed for about 10 mins! Then Coffee at Spicer and Cole on Queens Square which was lush! Hard work riding back though!

asdfqwerty | 6 years ago
0 likes

A couple of hours for me. Mostly -4 but warmed up to a toasty -2 by the end. Lots of ice, very sketchy.

BrokenBootneck | 6 years ago
0 likes

I was out for 50 odd miles around the South Downs at 0620hrs. Some ice but not much. A bit chilly and windy. 

Woldsman | 6 years ago
0 likes

By the time I got going today I think it was the afternoon - and got in just 25 miles. Had to walk down a short steep hill that was iced over. Today’s ride buddy stayed in the saddle but daren’t overdo the brakes and skated past the left turn. Just a short wait for him to push his bike back up to the junction. Great to be out, though.  It’s a rare thing these days.

Rapha Nadal | 6 years ago
0 likes

Nope.  Four turbo sessions in the week and a hilly clubrun yesterday has done me!

Petethepump | 6 years ago
1 like

Yeah. 56  Km in -2 and blooming vicious head winds. Wasn't properly kitted up, needed another base layer but it was a beautiful day. 

IanEdward | 6 years ago
2 likes

60km around Fife, didn't have the time for a decent long ride and not really focussed on building pace yet, plus it was too bloody cold and icey to be pushing it!

Just cruised around on the singlespeed winter bike filling in some more blanks on my Veloviewer heat map. I'm loving using this as a motivational tool, rides appeal to me so much more when I'm exploring new roads.

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Went yesterday as the forecast was more favourable. Lumpy 45 but the chain gang had mechanicals so a little slow and cold and the last 10 miles were limped...

Tommytrucker | 6 years ago
3 likes

Does a 13 mile commute at 1.45 am count?

mike the bike replied to Tommytrucker | 6 years ago
1 like

Tommytrucker wrote:

I have heard of 1.45 pm but never 1.45 am.  Are you sure about this?

Tommytrucker replied to mike the bike | 6 years ago
1 like
mike the bike wrote:

Tommytrucker wrote:

Yeah, start work at 3am for a 12 - 15 hr day driving up or down the country then ride back home. Pretty much the only time I've had on the bike over Christmas what with these pesky kids being off school...

Leviathan replied to mike the bike | 6 years ago
0 likes

mike the bike wrote:

Tommytrucker wrote:

I stands for 1:45 Auntie Miriam.

Canyon48 replied to Tommytrucker | 6 years ago
2 likes
Tommytrucker wrote:

Chapeau indeed, Sir!

Am I the only one who didn't notice any ice?! I'm in North Soms and a few of my mates did turbo sessions instead because of ice... roads were dry when I was out around midday!

jova54 | 6 years ago
1 like

Down in the sunny south managed my first of the year, and for about 5 months, in breezey 6C.

Didn't get too far as I was too cold but have to start somewhere.

Got a deferred entry for Ride 100, 6 1/2 months to get sorted.

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
1 like

Agreed!

Stunning weather though, did one of my usual routes over the Mendips, round the levels and back up the Mendips.

Only just managed to hold over 18mph - the crosswinds were spicey too yes

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
1 like

Grounded at the moment. Need new overshoes if I'm off outside into the real world (getting chilblains really easily at the moment) and can't go in the virtual world as my garage is like a sawmill at the moment as I've been ordered to make loads of shelving. Going stir crazy. 

Dnnnnnn replied to Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
4 likes

Yorkshire wallet wrote:

I've been ordered to make loads of shelving

Is this some kind of restorative justice thing?

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
1 like

March I will be outside. Did my first 100miler on Zwift. Getting plenty of training  1

sergius | 6 years ago
1 like

Heh, drank far too much last night so no.

My new Turbo arrived yesterday - so will have a play around with that this afternoon  1

Latest Comments