Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Here we go again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5223121/Elderly-man-suffers-life...

Unfortunate incident apparently due to dangerous cycling [leaning heavily on today's survey.] Another wonderfully even handed piece of journalism from the Mail.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Hirsute | 6 years ago
0 likes

Struggling to see how this is news...

Simon E | 6 years ago
2 likes

Perhaps the Daily Hate Mail should report every road collision using the same format. There were nearly 24,000 reported KSI  in 2015. That would be a lot of articles. Writing extensively each of those should fill the pages nicely, leaving sod-all room for the poisonous anti-everything bile.

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
3 likes

"Life changing" is their new little metric to make things appear terrible. If they say not life threatening people won't care enough.

There's probably a chart they use somewhere which starts with:

Are they foreign or wearing lycra:

If YES go to terrorism / manslaughter section subsections death, maimed, life changing, carnage

If NO use words like accident, blame inanimate objects or the sun subsection 'in collision with'...

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
3 likes

I blame Thatcher.

Spangly Shiny | 6 years ago
1 like

It's NOT journalism, it's just the propagetion of an agenda. Propaganda if you like, a bit like Goebbels.

hawkinspeter replied to Spangly Shiny | 6 years ago
4 likes

Spangly Shiny wrote:

It's NOT journalism, it's just the propagetion of an agenda. Propaganda if you like, a bit like Goebbels.

Wow - Godwinned in just 4 posts.

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
2 likes

Quote:

His injuries are understood to be non life-threatening but may be life-changing.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean?

I was knocked off my bike by a fellow cyclist during a race. My thumb was broken and never set correctly. Prior to the accident I could open the tightest of screw top jars, I now struggle to grip screw top jars well enough to open them.

Life changing- yes, but probably not worth a mention at this stage and most inflammatory.

This piss poor journalism really MUST stop.

Happy New Year!

Leviathan | 6 years ago
2 likes

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/kensington-crash-el...

Don't know your feelings about the Evening Standard.

DoctorFish | 6 years ago
3 likes

Nearly clicked on the Daily Mail link, but noticed just in time what horror I was about to click on.  Is the same story reported anywhere more respectable?  

Latest Comments