Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What happenned to road.cc Club Membership?

I remember seeing an article advertising there would be a Road.cc club for those who contributed regularly to road.cc.  Since then no further mention. Have any of you obtained that membership and if so how many posts did you have to do?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

kevvjj | 6 years ago
1 like

Does anyone really care if they're a member or not? 

CygnusX1 replied to kevvjj | 6 years ago
2 likes

kevvjj wrote:

If I'm missing out on those huge discounts off Dura Ace that Davel is getting (ha!) then yeah, but sounds like at the moment its got membership perks similar to the Beano Club but more difficult to become a member of than the Carlton - at least there you know the rules! *

*  be a tory toff who knows a tory toff thats already a member

davel replied to CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
0 likes
CygnusX1 wrote:

kevvjj wrote:

If I'm missing out on those huge discounts off Dura Ace that Davel is getting (ha!) then yeah, but sounds like at the moment its got membership perks similar to the Beano Club but more difficult to become a member of than the Carlton - at least there you know the rules! *

*  be a tory toff who knows a tory toff thats already a member

Have a Like: every little helps.

If that pushed you over the line, you can buy me a brandy in the Raffles suite, old boy.

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
2 likes

Hmm, both of you have over 1000 posts to your name (congrats to davel for hitting the 2k mark - most of which will have been on shutting down Rich_cb and the Magic Graphabout).

Guess I need to post some more sh*t a la YorkshireWallet's gif if I want to reach the threshold, is it worth it?

2 likes
CygnusX1 wrote:

Hmm, both of you have over 1000 posts to your name (congrats to davel for hitting the 2k mark - most of which will have been on shutting down Rich_cb and the Magic Graphabout).

Guess I need to post some more sh*t a la YorkshireWallet's gif if I want to reach the threshold, is it worth it?

I'd like to say it's a magical world of Dura-Ace discounts and VIP tours of blood vans, but...

If you still want in, get in early on the cars v bikes threads, with 'All cars are bastards'. Guaranteed 20 Likes. Quantity, not quality. Worked for me.

macrophotofly replied to davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:

If you still want in, get in early on the cars v bikes threads, with 'All cars are bastards'. Guaranteed 20 Likes. Quantity, not quality. Worked for me.

So it's the number of likes you think rather than the number of absolute posts? I guess I am going to have to be more controversial then in order to gurarentee one sides' likes.

Seems a shame if it is that. I post up once every other day with middle of the road helpful comments and at 300 posts would have thought I would have got across the line by now

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Just checked and I can access the member's area too...

davel | 6 years ago
2 likes

Oh yeah.. Think it's time to follow Yorkshire Wallet's lead in that thread..!

As tempted as I am to go all Groucho on it, I'm still enjoying having 'Welcome davel, road.cc member' flashed up as I step off my Lear Jet in Bali.

But I want to know what Kadinkski's butler thinks of it really.

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Yep, here is that announcement:

http://road.cc/content/news/229140-team-roadcc-about-grow-and-were-invit...

Then it was delayed due to illness in the road.cc team and went awfully quiet after that

davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

There's a Members link on the menu. If I'm not logged in and I click one of the Members menu items, I just see an article about the way membership is changing.

If I'm logged in and click one of the Members menu items, I see the appropriate page with a welcome message, informing me that davel is a road.cc member. I never received a message or anything when membership was triggered - just tried the menu.

CygnusX1 replied to davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:

There's a Members link on the menu. If I'm not logged in and I click one of the Members menu items, I just see an article about the way membership is changing. If I'm logged in and click one of the Members menu items, I see the appropriate page with a welcome message, informing me that davel is a road.cc member. I never received a message or anything when membership was triggered - just tried the menu.

I just see the article about the way membership is changing whether logged in or not ... you must be one of the select few!  Had you joined up previously when it was paid membership?

0 likes
CygnusX1 wrote:

davel wrote:

There's a Members link on the menu. If I'm not logged in and I click one of the Members menu items, I just see an article about the way membership is changing. If I'm logged in and click one of the Members menu items, I see the appropriate page with a welcome message, informing me that davel is a road.cc member. I never received a message or anything when membership was triggered - just tried the menu.

I just see the article about the way membership is changing whether logged in or not ... you must be one of the select few!  Had you joined up previously when it was paid membership?

No: don't think I completed a form either.

Some time back they said they were basing it on some other criteria (off the top of my head: number of posts, number of likes, length of time registered?).

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Good point! I applied months and months ago and haven't heard anything.

Latest Comments