Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yellow Socks and the Dominion of Hi-Viz

Recently I was looking ont interweb for some nice yellow socks, just plain yellow sort of mid length bike socks that you can buy all sorts designs of today... but could I find any; NO! You can buy a few with designs on them, or any number of Hi-Viz coloured sock in plain colour. But dear reader Hi-Viz isn't yellow is it. I have an old yellow ONCE jersey that I was trying to get some new kit to go with. Summer jerseys get so little use in this country (a couple of times a summer a piece - I have a few) that they survice indefinitely. The jersey is yellow, that's yellow, a colour between orange and green on the spectrum, not a fluorescent colour with hints of green and UV. So many manufacturers seem to think that if they have to offer some colours, black, blue, red, orange get catered for, but they think that Hi-Viz will fill the spot because, you know, we cyclists need that sort of thing. And why bother to make a Hi-Viz product and a yellow product. Bring back yellow, Y.E.L.L.O.W. Yellow!

/rant.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

srchar | 6 years ago
2 likes

These look like a good option for you Leviathan.

nniff | 6 years ago
0 likes

https://www.soxiety.com/products/smooth-cotton-lisle-ankle-socks-8-9

Not synthetic material if that's what you're after, but yellow nevertheless

srchar | 6 years ago
9 likes

Seriously? You let a disagreement with a random punter on the Internet spill over into a thread about socks? Oh well, I hope you eventually find a pair that don't show the cum stains, and good luck representing Team GB in the next Ride London.

davel replied to srchar | 6 years ago
2 likes

srchar wrote:

Seriously? You let a disagreement with a random punter on the Internet spill over into a thread about socks?

+1. Have a word, Leviathan.

Rapha Nadal replied to srchar | 6 years ago
3 likes

srchar wrote:

Seriously? You let a disagreement with a random punter on the Internet spill over into a thread about socks? Oh well, I hope you eventually find a pair that don't show the cum stains, and good luck representing Team GB in the next Ride London.

Ha ha ha!  A+

Leviathan replied to srchar | 6 years ago
1 like

srchar wrote:

Seriously. You two are right pair of muppets and deserve to be insulted personally. Your comments on the 'other thread' are ignorant and pernicious.  Yeah, Fuck You.

davel replied to Leviathan | 6 years ago
4 likes
Leviathan wrote:

srchar wrote:

Seriously. You two are right pair of muppets and deserve to be insulted personally. Your comments on the 'other thread' are ignorant and pernicious.  Yeah, Fuck You.

Presumably I'm the other one to make up the two? Although, you've fallen out with so many on here with your petulance and weird narrow-mindedness it could apply to quite a few others.

I think you said you were 40 on another thread. Grow up, you daft tit.

Leviathan replied to davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

srchar wrote:

Presumably I'm the other one to make up the two? Although, you've fallen out with so many on here with your petulance and weird narrow-mindedness it could apply to quite a few others. I think you said you were 40 on another thread. Grow up, you daft tit.

The only people I have fallen out with on this forum are the likes of Superpython. Whereabouts is he these days? Narrow-minded, perhaps you can point me to an example? I seem to see that you and your conspiracy buddy are in the minority on the other thread, perhaps you are with the 3% of scientists who don't think AGW is a thing, or are in the Koch Brothers pockets. Your bank handers are weaker than Nick Kyrgios. DonSimon is a more interesting opponent. Tomorrow you will be gone, like Halloween Candy.

davel replied to Leviathan | 6 years ago
3 likes
Leviathan wrote:

davel wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

srchar wrote:

Presumably I'm the other one to make up the two? Although, you've fallen out with so many on here with your petulance and weird narrow-mindedness it could apply to quite a few others. I think you said you were 40 on another thread. Grow up, you daft tit.

The only people I have fallen out with on this forum are the likes of Superpython. Whereabouts is he these days? Narrow-minded, perhaps you can point me to an example? I seem to see that you and your conspiracy buddy are in the minority on the other thread, perhaps you are with the 3% of scientists who don't think AGW is a thing, or are in the Koch Brothers pockets. Your bank handers are weaker than Nick Kyrgios. DonSimon is a more interesting opponent. Tomorrow you will be gone, like Halloween Candy.

Oooh, what are you going to do - stalk me like you did SP59 and then lose your shit and whine to the admins to ban me as soon as I say something controversial? That was pretty narrow-minded, and very pathetic.

You want another example? The strava thread: the gimpy way you use strava and expect others to use it too. Can't possibly countenance that people do things differently for good reasons.

SP59 is around somewhere, still contributing more to this place than you ever will. 'People like'? You mean people who actually know their way round a bike, don't enter sportives because they're too pussy to actually try racing, and don't start threads about socks to go with a retro jersey. Yeah, I know which gang I'd rather be in.

You added literally nothing to the Trump thread. If you'd actually read my posts you'd see that I didn't deny man-made climate change, probably got lots wrong and was ok about admitting it - you know, like normal people do in an internet debate. I learned quite a bit into the bargain.

Not like you though. You read the Graun headlines to know what to think and then spew sub-sixth form common room bile, with no substance, at people you think don't share your narrow view of the world. You're a bitter little twerp who's probably thinking of ways to have me banned right now.

Leviathan replied to davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:

Oooh, what are you going to do - stalk me like you did SP59 and then lose your shit and whine to the admins to ban me as soon as I say something controversial? That was pretty narrow-minded, and very pathetic. You want another example? The strava thread: the gimpy way you use strava and expect others to use it too. Can't possibly countenance that people do things differently for good reasons. SP59 is around somewhere, still contributing more to this place than you ever will. 'People like'? You mean people who actually know their way round a bike, don't enter sportives because they're too pussy to actually try racing, and don't start threads about socks to go with a retro jersey. Yeah, I know which gang I'd rather be in. You added literally nothing to the Trump thread. If you'd actually read my posts you'd see that I didn't deny man-made climate change, probably got lots wrong and was ok about admitting it - you know, like normal people do in an internet debate. I learned quite a bit into the bargain. Not like you though. You read the Graun headlines to know what to think and then spew sub-sixth form common room bile, with no substance, at people you think don't share your narrow view of the world. You're a bitter little twerp who's probably thinking of ways to have me banned right now.

Ha, your reply is so full of assumptions and fallacies it's no Grey Poupon. Python got himself binned, I didn't do a thing. As for the Strava thread "Can't possibly countenance..." did you even read what I wrote? You are clearly concocting some fantasy of me because I don't live in a box and I don't read The Guardian; but clearly you are thinking of me; how sweet.

Goldfever4 replied to Leviathan | 6 years ago
3 likes

Leviathan wrote:

davel wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

srchar wrote:

Fellas, please. Socks, for crying out loud!

Grahamd replied to Goldfever4 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Goldfever4 wrote:

Leviathan wrote:

davel wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

srchar wrote:

Fellas, please. Socks, for crying out loud!

Quite and not the height, just the colour!

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Planet X do some Flanders socks that are a good yellow, big black fekin dragon or summat on em tho...

wycombewheeler replied to alansmurphy | 6 years ago
1 like
alansmurphy wrote:

Planet X do some Flanders socks that are a good yellow, big black fekin dragon or summat on em tho...

Lion?

Welsh boy replied to wycombewheeler | 6 years ago
3 likes

wycombewheeler wrote:
alansmurphy wrote:

Lion?

No, telling the truth.

fustuarium | 6 years ago
0 likes

Write to Mike City at the Col Collective and demand to know where he got his. I've spent hours on turbo vids thinking those Mavic ones look good but are out of stock in yellow whenever I look.

srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes
Leviathan replied to srchar | 6 years ago
1 like

davel wrote:

Leviathan wrote:

old yellow ONCE jersey*

*brand new Sky maillot jaune for your strava KOM raids yes

Moi, a Skyboy? I think not.

srchar wrote:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-winter-socks-bundle/product/BUN...

Is "chartreuse" close enough?

Nope, The screen doesn't fluoresce. It is almost green in real life.

Oh and Fuck Off Climate Change Denier.

Rapha Nadal replied to srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes

srchar wrote:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-winter-socks-bundle/product/BUN...

Is "chartreuse" close enough?

They never look that yellow in real life though - edging more towards green than yellow!

peted76 | 6 years ago
1 like

The struggle is real.

Let it out....let it all out.. we're listening, we're here for you Brother.

beezus fufoon | 6 years ago
4 likes

these are nice

Welsh boy replied to beezus fufoon | 6 years ago
0 likes

beezus fufoon wrote:

these are nice

No they are not smiley

davel replied to Welsh boy | 6 years ago
1 like

Leviathan wrote:

old yellow ONCE jersey*