Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Autoplay ads...

How annoying are those autoplay video, repeatedly page-dragging-down ads on road.cc?  Oh hang on I have the answer...   Extremely!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
1 like

There is a way of changing settings, at least in Firefox, that prevents ads from autoplaying. There's nothing worse (there probably is) than a voice shouting at you from an unknown source that you then have to seek out and turn off.

Here's one method.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2858421/internet/how-to-stop-autoplay-vi...

And even the video on that page can't be disabled. indecision

StantheVoice | 6 years ago
1 like

And we do try to stop them, we really don't want them either, but the advertisers (or more precisely - their agencies)  are constantly working to stay one step ahead of us. There have been multiple articles explaining this situation on the site and to keep you aware of our efforts and understanding and there's a specific page for your to report these annoying intrusions here, so please do report them, we're as annoyed by them as you are!

Thanks for your understanding.

kevvjj | 6 years ago
0 likes

Trustnav Adblock extension for Chrome. It's free and it works. Road cc's inability to stop this now means I see no ads at all on their site - works for me but not for their 'good' advertisers.

madcarew | 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if it's because I'm in NZ, but I never see any! So, Not annoying at all  1

davel | 6 years ago
1 like

Touché

dassie | 6 years ago
1 like

At least one can choose to ignore, boring thread subject topics...

davel | 6 years ago
1 like

But if it weren't for them we wouldn't have all the new threads to make that same point, and they are just a joy.

Latest Comments