Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Adverts

What are these damned video adverts that appear at the top of the screen and grab the screen while I am tyring to type? Can't we get rid of them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

tgrx1901 | 6 years ago
0 likes

While I appreciate road.cc needs the ad income and that they are doing all they can to remove these ads, the site has become virtually unusable for me on my android phone. Its gone from bad to worse.

In the first 30 seconds of a visit on my phone today, I had 4 hijacks to the Play Store, all to install gambling site apps.

You actually have to wonder what moron thinks that as a result of these redirects, you are going to smile, nod,  install one of these apps and happily start betting on the 2:30 at Newmarket...

Milkfloat | 6 years ago
0 likes

Things have taken a new turn now.  I am now getting sexualised pop ups. I don’t want my kids to see ‘private photos of her wedding night’ or ‘best dirty photos captured anywhere’.  Seriously, pop up are annoying, I can cope with those, but stuff like this will drive me away from this site.

Izaak30 replied to Milkfloat | 6 years ago
0 likes

Milkfloat wrote:

Things have taken a new turn now.  I am now getting sexualised pop ups. I don’t want my kids to see ‘private photos of her wedding night’ or ‘best dirty photos captured anywhere’.  Seriously, pop up are annoying, I can cope with those, but stuff like this will drive me away from this site.

just had the same. #nolikey

rnick | 6 years ago
1 like

So we're unhappy with the adverts on our free website...really come on, get real how is this place paid for?

embattle replied to rnick | 6 years ago
0 likes

rnick wrote:

So we're unhappy with the adverts on our free website...really come on, get real how is this place paid for?

No but adverts that autoplay and blast music out and force your web browser to centre on them are much more likely to result in people blocking adverts completely...such as the McArthurGlen Designer Outlets advert at the top of this page as I'm replying right now.

RMurphy195 replied to rnick | 6 years ago
0 likes

rnick wrote:

Don'tmind the adverts per se - but when they grab the screen focus and prevent you from looking at other stuff, that isn't advertising , it's hijacking and making the web page unusable.

BarryBianchi | 6 years ago
0 likes

Cough*Firefox*cough.  Plus you can't see Deal of the Day so you save money too.

Deeferdonk | 6 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be a problem when viewing on pc/windows but not on my android devices.

bikeman01 | 6 years ago
1 like

I'm off to bikeradar.com

bye 

davel replied to bikeman01 | 6 years ago
4 likes
bikeman01 wrote:

I'm off to bikeradar.com

bye 

Another one cut down in his prime... How many more innocent victims must the AdWars of 17 claim!!??

davel replied to davel | 6 years ago
2 likes
davel wrote:
bikeman01 wrote:

I'm off to bikeradar.com

bye 

Another one cut down in his prime... How many more innocent victims must the AdWars of 17 claim!!??

No, my mistake - was thinking of bikeman02.

bikeman01 | 6 years ago
2 likes

Clicking the 'don't show me video adverts' doesn't work.

Perhaps they should have looked past the £££s and tested this first!!

Arrrg I can't even click the sumbit button on this post for the bloody advert jumping the screen up and down

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
1 like

http://road.cc/content/page/227406-reporting-annoying-or-intrusive-adver...

Road.cc know about it. They've removed a lot of the adverts, but there's still more  7

Report the ads and play the waiting game.

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
1 like

Adverts?

embattle | 6 years ago
0 likes

and play music as well.

Latest Comments