Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wattbike Atom

I keep searching the internet to see any new reviews, videos etc given they were supposed to be starting deliveries on 9th October but there is a total lack of them.  Not sure if they have been delayed but no official news.....although I see Ray at DC Rainmaker has had delivery of the final production version.  So I figured I'd set up a post here for people to log reviews as they take delivery or post news they hear.  I waited and waited for reviews but saw the delivery dates extending so took the plunge and now have to wait approx 15 weeks  2

My delay in ordering was because I wanted to see if the issue noted at DC Rainmaker about the time to react when changing gears or incline change on Zwift was improved in the final version.  I've had four Tacx Neos delivered and returned since February with issue after issue so the Wattbike Atom came at just the right time plus the rest of the family can use it.............(not sure if that a good thing?  21

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

sunDOG | 6 years ago
0 likes

Waiting on mine, have been assured delivery just before Christmas...

dave atkinson | 6 years ago
0 likes

I now have a production bike, review will be coming soon. this week maybe? it's difficult with products like the atom because things change very quickly at the start. i've been through about 5 firmware updates.

Markwad replied to dave atkinson | 6 years ago
0 likes

dave atkinson wrote:

I now have a production bike, review will be coming soon. this week maybe? it's difficult with products like the atom because things change very quickly at the start. i've been through about 5 firmware updates.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/126251154794282 please add your review to this group too 

Markwad | 6 years ago
0 likes

I been using the new Atom for about a week now, it’s not yet supported by Trainer Road which is very annoying. 

It does however work with its own Wattbike hub app 

CXR94Di2 replied to Markwad | 6 years ago
0 likes
Markwad wrote:

I been using the new Atom for about a week now, it’s not yet supported by Trainer Road which is very annoying. 

It does however work with its own Wattbike hub app 

It was supposed to be compatible with all the major platforms out of the box. That is disappointing if Wattbike are trying to muscle out a platform in favour of their own. Trainer Road is one of the most popular training platforms. I'll let my mates know, they might want to cancel of that is the case.

Nat Jas Moe | 6 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps this will help, it's a promo article no review as yet

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/wattbike-atom

MrB123 | 6 years ago
1 like

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40121&t=13084642

The most recent comments from the guy who has bought one don't exactly inspire much confidence.

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

A few people I know have ordered one. Tacx had early production issues on the Neo. I run a Wahoo Kickr the first model, very pleased with 3 years of perfect performance

Latest Comments