Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bed time cold feet

I,ve asked about and it seems a common thing with cyclist.No matter how many socks I wear now it's cooler at night my feet are freezing at night.Anyone know the cause of this and what can be done?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Jimnm | 6 years ago
0 likes

I wear these in cooler weather, they make a difference

https://www.evanscycles.com/dexshell-ultralite-biking-waterproof-sock-EV...

rnick | 6 years ago
3 likes

Ask your significant other to warm them up.....or do they wake up terrified, thinking they're sleeping with a corpse.

d_jp | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have experienced this myself & the dottigirl's suggestion of a blanket over the end of the bed is something that has helped me in the past.  I would also agree that it is worth looking at bed clothing in general & whether it is keeping your core warm enough.

If I wear socks, I tend to wear (one pair of) cotton or merino ones (personal preference, no scientific justification  1 for me they just seem to "breathe" better than socks using man-made fibres)

madcarew | 6 years ago
1 like

Any tingling as well? May be Reynauds syndrome (fancy name for poor circulation). Rather than 3-4 pairs of tight socks, probably one pair of really thick Long woollen socks. Long socks will help by keeping the calves and ankles warm as well. Or just get the wife (presumably) to rub them well each night as she gently lullabies you to sleep?

dottigirl | 6 years ago
2 likes

A quick google warns of health conditions - it may be worth ruling them out first?

If my extremities are cold, it's sometimes because my limbs or torso aren't warm enough and the blood flow gets restricted. Or, I often get proper cold if I haven't eaten enough.

I'd look at your bedclothes - your choice of nightwear and sheets/duvet composition. Maybe fold half a blanket over the bottom of the bed? There's always  using a hot water bottle too (I prefer a cold bedroom so I often used a one).

Nat Jas Moe | 6 years ago
0 likes

Ok, Didn't read the title but it might help, but less socks, try fluffy ones

Nat Jas Moe | 6 years ago
1 like

Too many sock will restrict blood flow and cause cold feet, best solution would be  one pair and then some overshoes. I use this and unless it's bitterly cold I don't get cold feet. Hope this helps.

beezus fufoon replied to Nat Jas Moe | 6 years ago
3 likes

Nat Jas Moe wrote:

Too many sock will restrict blood flow and cause cold feet, best solution would be  one pair and then some overshoes. I use this and unless it's bitterly cold I don't get cold feet. Hope this helps.

overshoes in bed? kinky!

Latest Comments