Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

cyclist mown down by HGV driver in West london

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/chelsea-bridge-coll...

Female cyclist in critical condition after being mown down by HCD London ltd HGV driver, conincidentally a Hayley Caroline Drummond whose name is connected to Alan John Drummond  http://www.cyclinguk.org/news/20150608-reining-rogue-goods-vehicle-opera...

is registered as operating a firm called HCD london 

https://twitter.com/comadad/status/912969224410288128

So a cyclist mown down by an HGV operated by HCD london who may or may not be directly linked to Alan Drummond whose vehicles also kiled a cyclist, what a heck of a coincidence!

But our piss poor system will just blame the person mangled after being mown down

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

atgni | 6 years ago
0 likes

Is that a compliant side guard on the lorry?

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
0 likes

http://road.cc/content/news/230094-truck-killed-cyclist-owned-family-hau...

They are related... If it turns out that the two previously banned were working in HCD, goes to show that a ban is utterly pointless and they clearly don't give a ****

Judge dreadful | 6 years ago
1 like

I've had the 'pleasure' of riding around those parts very recently. It's a complete and utter nightmare. Construction traffic cause blockages, then the other drivers drive the wrong way down the one way roads to get out, and all sorts of other 'cyclists worst nightmare' scenarios. the roads aren't particularly wide anyway, lots of potential for this type of incident. It's always tragic when this type of thing happens, but I would personally judge that area to be far too high risk at present, and would just avoid it, on a bicycle. Having seen pictures of the aftermath, it looks like the driver of the truck wasn't even aware he'd hit her.

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
3 likes

I guess if we prematurely meet our maker it is more like to be under 4 wheels than Islamic terrorism. It's sadder that those with no intention to kill will end up killing vastly more than those with.

Dnnnnnn replied to Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
1 like

Yorkshire wallet wrote:

I guess if we prematurely meet our maker it is more like to be under 4 wheels than Islamic terrorism. It's sadder that those with no intention to kill will end up killing vastly more than those with.

Outside of wartime was it ever any different? Road casualties, workplace accidents, medical mistakes, regular bad luck and everyday inattentiveness of others - and bees, apparently.

By comparison, I don't think homicide, whether terrorist or not, has ever been a big killer in modern Britain. It's currently around 700pa, I think.

davel | 6 years ago
1 like

Bees and wasps kill more people in the UK in a typical year than terrorism.

I'm glad our bee and wasp alert level is at critical, otherwise they would kill far more, buzzy little bastards.

BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
5 likes

Things like 'terrorism' do a hell of a lot less damage in the UK than the far greater terrorism that is acted out on our raods and streets every single day! As sad as grenfell is it's a drop in the ocean compared to the death and destruction caused by people driving in killing machines.

In any case the MM case was a couple of years ago, their inaction and refusal to charge the killer and essentially blame Mason for his demise when he had done nothing wrong was the lowest of the low. Then you see how much time they spent on the most recent case to charge a cyclist with manslaughter and go all out to prove with BS 'testing' that was clearly false in its representation of what happens when someoneone unexpectedly steps back into your path at 10mph.

They were fine spending plenty of man hours for that but not for Michael Mason, not for many other cases, why, because victims on bikes get treated like third rate sewer rats by the MET. they can get lost with the BS of man-hour pressure nonsense.

Grahamd | 6 years ago
0 likes

No offence meant when I say that if an amateur sleuth can piece such details together so quickly; how long will it take police or health and safety to do the same?

CygnusX1 replied to Grahamd | 6 years ago
3 likes

Grahamd wrote:

No offence meant when I say that if an amateur sleuth can piece such details together so quickly; how long will it take police or health and safety to do the same?

H&S won't care - it was on a public road not a building site.  Licencing of HGV operators is also not a police matter - in this case HCD have a licence and would appear to be operating legally despite massive "coincidences".

BehindTheBikesheds replied to Grahamd | 6 years ago
0 likes

Grahamd wrote:

Only when it suits their agenda or one of their own do plod crack on with any speed or thoroughness. Going by the MET report and inaction in the Michael mason case and a fair few others the deceased will be blamed for their demise.

Dnnnnnn replied to BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
0 likes

BehindTheBikesheds wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

Only when it suits their agenda or one of their own do plod crack on with any speed or thoroughness. Going by the MET report and inaction in the Michael mason case and a fair few others the deceased will be blamed for their demise.

I only have one inside contact at the Met, so may not be representative, but my impression is that they're pretty stretched, and things like terrorism and Grenfell are making it hard to find time for much else.

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Cycling UK wrote:

Meanwhile in November 2014, a Hayley Caroline Drummond applied to set up a new operator, HCD London, based at an address very nearby, which was granted in March 2015. CTC has alerted the Traffic Commissioner, so that he can investigate whether they are linked.

So the traffic commissioner was alerted 2 years ago (the CUK webpage was published 8 June 2015) that HCD was linked to another lethal haulage company that was shut down and did nothing about it!

surprise

Helmut D. Bate | 6 years ago
3 likes

There's lots on twitter suggesting Hayley registered a new company (HCD) immediately after the other Drummonds were disqualified from doing so, following the last cyclist killing.

They seem pretty determined.

brooksby | 6 years ago
5 likes

I think a government minister ought to write a strongly worded letter to the Road Haulage Association, as a matter of urgency.

I also think you're right: this story is back to dog bites man, and is only in the news because it caused traffic delays. Nothing to see here: move along...

Latest Comments