Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis FEND OFF alu mudguards

Has anyone tried these yet?

A link came up on my Twitter feed and I'd be interested in feedback. £50 for proper metal 'guards is quite reasonable, and they take up to 30mm tyres. This is wider and cheaper than the PDW equivalent.

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Components/Guards/FEND-OFF

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

TypeVertigo | 6 years ago
0 likes

You'll probably have to cut the stays down to size when you mount them, so that chances of their ends getting snagged on something are minimized. To be fair, these have a round tip so they shouldn't stab anybody.

Can't comment on the fenders themselves, as all I've used are SKS Longboards and Bluemels. If the new Bluemels are any indication though those fenders should be pretty tough, as SKS has used a lot more aluminum in the Bluemels lately.

monkeytrousers | 6 years ago
0 likes

No quick release on those.

mattsccm | 6 years ago
0 likes

What's wrong with the stays? Same as most guards. I assume that you realise that they are meant to be trimmed after fitting.  Bet there are front QRs. They look just like SKS stays to me.

dottigirl replied to mattsccm | 6 years ago
0 likes

mattsccm wrote:

They look just like SKS stays to me.

That's what I thought. Couldn't figure out how all of the attachments functioned though.

amazon22 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Those stay ends look horrible, not to mention dangerous, and no quick release on the front either either.

dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

Looks like I shall have to wait for a review for my curiosity to be sated.

Latest Comments