Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2018 targets

The 2017 season is over.... now what? What's a good target for 2018?

I've wondered about time trialling - it's something I can do unsupported without the need to travel far and wide, and doesn't carry the risks of racing, for example. What times for 10, 25 and 100 miles are regarded as "solidly respectable" for a nearer-50-than-40 mamil?

For a reality check, I managed a smudge over 20mph for a 36.5 mile course yesterday, and a long 26 for my first ever 10 back in June.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

paulrattew | 6 years ago
2 likes

Personally I'm not sure it's worth thinking about what counts as respectable for others. TT's are a personal battle. You will get an idea from the results of others what general ball park times are, but this won't tell you what you should aim for or what you are capable of. You're more likely to see good gains if you just focus on your own performance than trying to aim for something external to that (target-wise). Have a go at the distances you want to do. See what you get. Assess whether you can improve by pushing harder, by improving technique, by improving your breathing ('good' breathing can make a huge difference with TTing). Then try again. doing this you will quickly find your limits, which you can then work on with more specific training if that's something you want to chase

Latest Comments