Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eurosport Player abroad

A real first world problem for the forum faithful to chew on.

I'm going to be in Italy when the World Champs are on. I've got a subscription to Eurosport Player, but will it work in Italy?

Or will I just have to brush up my Italian, cancel a night out and watch the highlights on Rai (I'm guessing)?

Ta

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

winnie_ | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Looks like Rai have the highlights, so I'll definitely get at least the pictures even if I can't keep up with the words!

Huw Watkins | 6 years ago
0 likes

Can use Tunnel Bear VPN on an iphone - really simple to use app.  

cookie1987 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have used Eurosport Player in France, Spain, Portugal and Malta this year.  It worked in all of them without a VPN.  However, I've not tried it since the region locking update.

There was a FAQ somewhere on the Eurosport Player website - I cannot put my hands on it currently - with a table showing all the countries in which the Player is available and what channels are available in each.  So it showed whether you can get Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosport News.  In France, Portugal and Spain, it said I could get Eurosport 1 and 2 which turned out to be the French, Portuguese and Spanish versions of those channels (so your access to particular events may depend on whether the local channels have rights to show them).  There was no English commentary option so you may still need to brush up on your Italian!

danleb85 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Eurosport player since the last update requires access to your location data for 'region locking' so I would assume it will lock you out if it knows you are in Italy on a UK subscription.

The fact that this player is almost totally useless at the moment whatever country you seem to be in makes that less surprising though!!

The Web app version might be OK I am not sure and possibly via a VPN you can tell it you are in the UK anyway and definitely seems to be working better than the android app lately.

Latest Comments