Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The 1919 Tour de France (new book)

Hi folks,

I'm crowdfunding my new book, Ghosts On The Road - it's a (multiple) first-person account of the 1919 Tour de France - so any support, even a shout-out or a share, would be hugely appreciated.

I've spent the last 6 months reading l'Auto, the Miroir des Sports, and have had loads of support from the Wielermuseum in Roeselare - so it's something of a labour of love. The main protagonists are Eugene Christophe (the unluckiest man ever to have ridden a bike), Firmin Lambot (one of the luckiest), Henri Pelissier (arrogant, but good), Henri Desgrange (again, arrogant, but makes for a great voice), Jean Alavoine (the dandy), and Leon Scieur (nice bloke).

If you'd like to pledge, you can get your name in the book as one of the patrons, and I promise that it will be chock-full of cycling philosophy, rivalry, action, pain, some swearing and just a little bit of retro doping. 

The pledge page is here: https://unbound.com/books/ghosts-on-the-road where you'll find an excerpt.

Enjoy!
Gareth

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments