Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Um, yeah...too much MAMIL?

Serious question, when should you stop buying things from SportPursuit?

Just because it's cheap...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Helmut D. Bate | 6 years ago
2 likes

I like the look: confused MTBer, experimenting with road, trying to keep it secret.

Serious layers for summer though. Bet he was down to lycra after about 50 pedal strokes.

dottigirl | 6 years ago
1 like

I've picked up some proper bargains from there over the years. I'd say about 50% of my non-club kit is from SP. I wear a lot of Pearl Izumi, and that comes up quite often. Also, Icebreaker, UA, Rewoolution (sp? but great value, btw), some other merino brands (quality varies), and I picked up a nice portable charger the other day. Pricewise, when I've tried shopping around for specific items, few places beat SP.

Negatives: convoluted returns & not free unless you use PayPal, lots of emails.

Anyway, if you feel curious enough to want to join, please use the following link:

https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/dosh_for_dotti

blush

The _Kaner replied to dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

dottigirl wrote:

I've picked up some proper bargains from there over the years. I'd say about 50% of my non-club kit is from SP. I wear a lot of Pearl Izumi, and that comes up quite often. Also, Icebreaker, UA, Rewoolution (sp? but great value, btw), some other merino brands (quality varies), and I picked up a nice portable charger the other day. Pricewise, when I've tried shopping around for specific items, few places beat SP.

Negatives: convoluted returns & not free unless you use PayPal, lots of emails.

Anyway, if you feel curious enough to want to join, please use the following link:

https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/dosh_for_dotti

blush

Oh, I'm already a member...many a bargain Craghoppers garment has 'darkened' my doorstep....

My local DPD driver (Mick, but recently now Rodney) is probably sick of bringing me parcels.

There are serious bargains, some dubious (RRP) prices of not so well known brands, so can't really compare and see if they are 'actual' bargains...

Maybe it's more common to see certain brands in the UK vs over here in Ireland.

There always appears to be far too much cycling clobber on it though...(hence, too much Mamil).

I'm presuming it's a bit TK Maxx (or TJ Hughes) for the majority of lesser known brands.

..and such items as the 'jet fighter' HUD glasses from the picture of a recent local sportive...

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
0 likes

No need to sell it. It's a site that has known brands for less than retail price (sometimes), in a size you want (sometimes) and unknown brands allegedly at beneficial prices , because they're unknown. Other shops and on-line retailers may or may not be cheaper, but all of them require you to register in some form or another and I think SP only want your email in order to view their pages (so less intrusive than some retailers).

You use it or you don't use it, no biggie.

Leviathan | 6 years ago
0 likes

There is a members login so I can't see what the attraction is. Someone sell it to me...

Grahamd | 6 years ago
0 likes

If it makes you enjoy your cycling more, then carry on.

Perhaps I've become a bit OCD, but I tend to want items that match and so stick to a limited number of brands I trust, if they're not on SP I don't buy anything.

jollygoodvelo | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've bought a fair amount of stuff from SP over the years but stopped the emails a while back.  Usually I can find anything I need at better prices elsewhere.

. . | 6 years ago
1 like

I don't even know what SportPursuit is.  Should I?

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
0 likes

Not sure I understand the question.

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
5 likes

Not sure which is the odder in that picture. It's like Pop Will Eat Itself went cycling and met nu-metal on the way.

The _Kaner | 6 years ago
0 likes

Coming to a sportive near you...

Latest Comments