Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

An interesting insight into risks to cyclists

This article gives a really good insight into the safety risks facing cyclists in Australia, but it also gives an understanding as to what's going wrong in the UK and the US too.

http://theconversation.com/cars-bicycles-and-the-fatal-myth-of-equal-rec...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
1 like

That echoes a lot of my thoughts about bikes and cars sharing the roads. It sounds worse down under than in the UK and it's a shame that the author thinks that presumed liability would be impossible in Australia due to the political climate. I think presumed liability would be a great tool to highlight the difference in  responsibility on the road for bigger vehicles.

OldRidgeback replied to hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

That echoes a lot of my thoughts about bikes and cars sharing the roads. It sounds worse down under than in the UK and it's a shame that the author thinks that presumed liability would be impossible in Australia due to the political climate. I think presumed liability would be a great tool to highlight the difference in  responsibility on the road for bigger vehicles.

The Aussie mainstream really wants to put people of cycling or so it would seem.

Latest Comments