Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Did the Giant defy carbon frame change in anyway from 2015-2016?

As above please I have a 2015 and have been told they changed the frame in 2016 but I can’t see any difference? Thinking of upgrading mine but if the frame is different I might think about a new one.

Thanks in advance for any info

Rich

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

The _Kaner | 6 years ago
0 likes

My 2016 Defy Adv 2. Has post mount, not flat mount for the mech disks.
Couldn't say if frame changed from 2015 model...why not drop Giant customer services an email..

yann le coz | 6 years ago
0 likes

I had a 2015 defy advanced frame and I now have the 2017 version as the old one cracked in a few places . The ride is very similar. The down tube looks bigger but not sure how much bigger as I didn't have both frames side by side.

TypeVertigo | 6 years ago
0 likes

Only thing I can think of that might warrant changes to the frame is the switch to flat mount disc brake calipers from the earlier post mount. I can't say for sure which year it happened, but 2016 is a good bet.

Gasman Jim | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have a feeling they increased the clearance at the fork crown slightly for guards.

AT80 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have the 2015 advanced 2 and my friend the 2016. No appreciable difference to the frame itself, but mine is 11-28 with a short cage, whilst his has an 11-32 with a medium cage. I think the rest is just paint colour.

If you were to upgrade, get the 2017 so you get the hydraulic brakes.

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Erm... Why would you change a bike because a frame may have changed slightly???

Latest Comments