Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

11-28 to 11-32 advise please.

Hi, I have a canyon endurace with ultegra 11-28 and want to switch to 11-32. Can it be done and what else beyond cassette will I need. My mechanical knowledge is about as good as my hill climbing. Thanks in advance folks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Charlie-CarbsAn... | 6 years ago
0 likes

You can run a 32 on all short cage rear derailleurs both 10 speed and 11 speed. It works perfectly, so you only need to change chain length if you want to run big big (cross chained). Wind the B screw in a bit and it will shift great. Look on youtube for tutuorials.

joeegg | 6 years ago
0 likes

My Endurace is running a 32 as standard.

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Having looked at canyon, it says the current model has a GS rear derailleur. If that's the case with your bike, just stick on a 11-32 cass. Slight adjustment of the B screw, job done  1

Daveyraveygravey | 6 years ago
0 likes

If you have done a lot of miles you should probably replace the chain too

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Since you already have a 28t Cass, you might get away with just the Cass. Adjustment of the 'B' screw to bring the derailleur back to clear the 32t sprocket. If it doesn't clear then a 'gs' rear derailleur will be required.
Shimano are overly cautious on the specification as to what will fit and what won't. If you're definitely going to get a 11-32, get this first and try if it works, then get the derailleur if doesn't work.

charliepalooza | 6 years ago
0 likes

You'll need a Medium (GS) Rear Derailleur. Other than that you should be good to go. 

Best thing I did getting 11–32 - saved my knees.

Latest Comments