Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tapered carbon forks for Kinesis T3

I recently picked up a Kinesis T3 to build up as a commuter as I'm sick of getting a wet arse and a filthy drivetrain every time it rains.  At £200 it was a bargain!

Unfortunately, it appears that there are very few choices when it comes to forks, because of the tapered head tube.  Kinesis' own forks can be had for £180, but I am loathe to spend that much on a fork for a commuter.  Does anyone know of any cheaper options that are:

- carbon (don't care about the steerer being carbon)

- tapered steerer

- for caliper brakes

- have mudguard eyes

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the pics Bontie.  Fork looks good but I don't think my OCD could take the clash of a custom paint job and an unused disc mount.

Looks like it will be an adaptor and a straight fork for me.

Thanks all.

srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes

Drop me an email at srchar [at] trashmail.com please Bontie with your price and condition.

Thanks for spacer suggestion above.

Bontie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Well, I have one of Kinesis's own tapered forks going spare. No idea how to contact you, if you let me know we might be able to do a cheapie deal.

B

Strathbean | 6 years ago
0 likes

as the previous poster said, you need one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-tapered-1-5-reducer-crown/rp-pro...

and i'd recommend one of these https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/31096/Kinesis_RaceLight_7075_...

thats what i ended up with on my 4s when i needed a new fork and balked at the price of tapered ones for my winter bike. plus they can take a front mudguard.

Nat Jas Moe | 6 years ago
0 likes

I had this with my Giant in the end I have a straight steerer with an adaptor. Works fine as I also didn't want to spend sort of money on my foul weather commuter.

Latest Comments