Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy TdF at second rest day

Hi all,

I know there's not much chatter on the Forum these days, but I just wondered how everyone's getting on this year in Fantasy TdF?

For me, Purist was all over once Sagan and Demare were out, but standard has been pretty good.

Started well, then spunked a load of transfers up the wall on crap breakaway picks (I just can't resist a gamble on a big mountain stage) and ruined it all! Slowly coming back into it and am currently 28th with 8 transfers left and a current team that has been the same for the last 4 stages...

Froome, Bardet, Aru, Uran

Barguil, Matthews

Roche, Roosen, Lammertink

Think I'm gonna miss those extra transfers over the next few days though...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Yes cherrypicked, we both have 8 transfers left for the last 3 stages.  There will probably be different choices, but I'm not expecting to catch up 114 points; I'm more worried about those just behind me.

Of more interest to me is the overall standard comp where only 33 points separate the top 3 players.

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy with my purist predictions over the whole year as I sit 2nd overall (17th for standard), but as my purist ability has improved my ability to call the correct transfers seemed to have waned. I have a lot less time to spend on it now though to be honest

JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
1 like

St Date                       Rider in                             Rider out
16 Jul 18, 09:13     Marcel Kittel         Greg Van Avermaet

DOH!

Sniffer | 6 years ago
0 likes

Used two transfers - EBH a success.  Kristoff not. 

If only I had gone Degenkolb

cherrypicked | 6 years ago
0 likes

where is that big red undo button that enrique used to talk about??

chrisdstripes | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've stuck with the same team for the fifth consecutive stage - I'm sure I've never done that in any fantasy comp before!

Didn't want to waste 2 transfers bringing Kittel in, so could miss out on 50 points but decided it isn't a nailed-on enough sprint to risk it. So put a few quid on him instead, just in case...

Sniffer replied to chrisdstripes | 6 years ago
0 likes

chrisdstripes wrote:

I've stuck with the same team for the fifth consecutive stage - I'm sure I've never done that in any fantasy comp before!

Didn't want to waste 2 transfers bringing Kittel in, so could miss out on 50 points but decided it isn't a nailed-on enough sprint to risk it. So put a few quid on him instead, just in case...

Kittel off the back. 

I didn't go for him either.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
1 like

Purist not so good after losing Sagan, Demare & Porte.

Standard OK so far. This tour has been very interesting from a road.cc game point of view; many grand tours end in the third week with everyone having very similar teams; this tour allows a lot of  variation in timing and scope of transfers.

In the race itself, the biassed umpires have exposed themselves;  Sagan gets tossed out for threatening Demare's green jersey; Bouhanni gets a slap over the wrist after throwing a punch; the 20 second penalty is waived when Bardet is shown doing the same as Uran.

Good to see a bit of forum chatter again.

And stage 16 will be a very interesting first 21km; will Kittel et al be dropped on the first climb?

cherrypicked replied to tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

This tour has been very interesting from a road.cc game point of view; many grand tours end in the third week with everyone having very similar teams; this tour allows a lot of  variation in timing and scope of transfers.

And then we pick the same team for stages 16&17!

i had that problem against triccky in 2015 when we finished 1-2. I had extra transfers but no effective way to use them. From memory I overused and took Sagan out for a stage that I in hindsight shouldn't have

Sniffer | 6 years ago
0 likes

27th in Standard.  A bit worried about transfers though.  Only 10before today's stage so I expect to slip back a bit.

Not sure what to do today to be honest.  How many transfers to gamble with.

Purist, I went Porte and Sagan so that didn't work.  Needed more from Greipel to be honest and I can't really explain my Colbrelli pick.

cgipryan | 6 years ago
1 like

The forum has had a slow-motion death, it seems... it may be the after-shock of the very heated discussions that have plagued it in the past... too bad...

As for me, fantasy-wise I'm probably having the worst GT ever - currently down in 219th place - and not moving up much. I guess I'm so stubborn that I refuse to change my pre-race tactics even when it hurts... But this means that the race itself is much better than expected, so I'm not complaining!

drheaton replied to cgipryan | 6 years ago
0 likes

cgipryan wrote:

The forum has had a slow-motion death, it seems... it may be the after-shock of the very heated discussions that have plagued it in the past... too bad...

To be honest, that's why I jacked in playing and helping to run the game a few years ago.  It felt like some people were only in the forum to stir up trouble and impose upon it their own agenda and ideas at the expense of it actually being a fun thing enjoyed by a nice group of people.

drheaton | 6 years ago
0 likes

256th standard, 14 transfers left. Feel good and I think I'll gain places over those with fewer changes left.

90th purist thanks to Fuglsang & Sagan...

On chris' first comment, this is my first race in three years, what happened to the forum?!

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Not so well in standard, just outside the top 100 with 14 transfers.

Although abit better in purist, think im 12th (that with the loss of fuglsang and Porte) would have been hoping for a top 5 until fuglsang departed. Picking Matthews and not having Sagan seem key to having done so well (ideally Barguil rather than fuglsang would have been the pick)

chrisdstripes | 6 years ago
0 likes

"but lovin' it as ever!" - I'll second that for sure!

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

12 transfers left (including whatever I do for tomorrow) and sitting in 69th.  I was doing a lot better, but I've made a few mistakes recently.  Top 100 will still be a good result.

Purist was going brilliantly, but with Sagan and Demare out all my hopes lie on Matthews, Kittel and Froome. 13th in that one.

JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
0 likes

Purist - awful as usual. I don't usually pick Sagan as as everyone else does, so hope he has trouble, which he never has, until I picked him! Porte also out, Fulsang as good as, and my big hope,  Pierre LaTour, ('cos of his name obs) underperforming.

Standard - averaging @150 points per stage, but struggling to hold onto the first page, which shows how good the standard has become on Fantasy.

In summary awful and average, but lovin' it as ever!

Latest Comments