Home

I have some unbranded (I suspect Tektro) caliper brakes on my winter bike & I need a new pinch bolt that clamps the brake cable - preferably the whole thing i.e. bolt itself, washer & the nut with the recess that the cable fits into.

My LBS wanted to sell me a whole new caliper which is excessive in the extreme but can't seem to find anything suitable online.

Anyone help?

7 comments

guyrwood [903 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Does it look like this?

The Gavalier [34 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Just see it as a great excuse to upgrade your brakes. 

0 likes

Ha, ha, that's why I have the above lying around. Replaced mine with Shimano R650 which are streets better.

ibr17xvii [179 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes
guyrwood wrote:

Does it look like this?

Looks pretty similar. It moves with the close lever. 

0 likes
The Gavalier wrote:

Just see it as a great excuse to upgrade your brakes. 

If I thought it would make a massive difference I probably would but I've put Swisstop pads in now & they make quite a bit of difference.

Nothing really wrong with the calipers themselves so seems a bit rash to change the whole lot for one bolt going wonky. 

0 likes

Email me your address to guyrwood at gmail dot com and I'll chuck it in the post for you. I have Swisstop green in the R650s, they're superb.

0 likes
guyrwood wrote:

Email me your address to guyrwood at gmail dot com and I'll chuck it in the post for you. I have Swisstop green in the R650s, they're superb.

That's really kind of you mate cheers. 

There must be an easier way, can't believe that I need to lay my hands on the whole caliper rather than the bits themselves but I'm stuffed if I can find an alternative.