Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

wide road bike shoes

Hello !

I'm loking for a wide and ventilated road bike shoes.

I've DMT R1 (44), but it's very very hot, the ventilation system lack's ....

Also I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega, more volume on the toe box, more ventilation, but closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.

I am tempted to try the lake cx 237 wide...

I would like some suggestion and advice from you ....

Thank you very much!

https://i.imgur.com/hkIi9xl.jpg

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Chris Hayes | 5 years ago
0 likes

Northwave - fit my 46.5 G feet perfectly.   And I have a high instep.  Very stiff.  Bright colours... Ventilated through the sole.  Very light.   Great fastening systems (either boa or velco or a mix of the two). I'm on my 4th pair in 20yrs (still have 3 of them - accidentally cooked the other pair (long story).  Bit pricey - unless you pick them up on eBay / sale.  Wouldn't buy anything else. 

Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
0 likes

Bontrager XXX quite suit my wideish feet.  Super stiff as well if that's your thing.

Jasonhenley | 5 years ago
0 likes

Shimano for me. Using a pair of RC7’s and very impressed. 

Had to go up a size though.

I suffer from wide feet and also hot feet and haven’t had a problem at all with the Shimano’s.

Previously had a paid of Bont’s, but had trouble with them.

Tommytrucker | 5 years ago
5 likes

Ban hammer for this guy please.

csorthofeet | 5 years ago
0 likes

I am on my shoe  all day and by evening they are hurting. I am still breaking them in but foot pain is decreasing. My feet feel snug and supported. The arch support is very noticeable and feels good. Will be trying sandals also. orthofeet wide shoes  felt great as soon as i put them on. I am walking several miles a day and even started running some.am not kidding its really awesome once try it?

IanEdward | 6 years ago
0 likes

Evans carry a brand called Louis Garneau (ex-Canadian track athlete apparently).

I found them a mite wider than my Specialized and Giro shoes, cured a lot of the foot pain I had been suffering.

Not saying they're especially wide, but wider than standard and crucially quite easy to try on at Evans and a lot of varieties (i.e. the model I liked came in white and black, on pair for summer and one for winter smiley )

part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

Lake CX 237 wide. See my comment history for detailed analysis.

Rone69 replied to part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

part_robot wrote:

Lake CX 237 wide. See my comment history for detailed analysis.

Where can i find it?

nadsta | 6 years ago
0 likes

+1 Shimano. After a year struggling with wide fit Bont vapors and many hours in the oven, wide for R321's hit the spot straight away.  The carbon bathtub on the Bonts always gave me toe rub but the Shimano's have been perfect and still going strong after 20k km

996ducati | 6 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried on a pair of Bont shoes? They are a wider "standard" shoe and actually shaped like a foot (which many cycling shoes are not!).

They are also heat mouldable to allow for personal foot shaping.

http://www.bontcycling.com/items/support/size.html

Good Luck!

redspear999 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Shimano rc7 have a wide fit version. Worked for me. 

ChainedToTheWheel | 6 years ago
0 likes

I also have seemingly weirdly-shaped wide feet. I have, to date, not found any shoe* that properly fits my foot. So called "wide" shoes are either wide all over so that my heel is slopping about, or too long, or not actually wide at all.

*with one exception - the S-Works 6 (and, probably, the 6 XC) fits beautifully because it has a platypus-shaped toe box but retains normal shoe dimensions everywhere else. However, their eye-watering price takes them out of contention for me.

Rone69 replied to ChainedToTheWheel | 6 years ago
0 likes

ChainedToTheWheel wrote:

I also have seemingly weirdly-shaped wide feet. I have, to date, not found any shoe* that properly fits my foot. So called "wide" shoes are either wide all over so that my heel is slopping about, or too long, or not actually wide at all.

*with one exception - the S-Works 6 (and, probably, the 6 XC) fits beautifully because it has a platypus-shaped toe box but retains normal shoe dimensions everywhere else. However, their eye-watering price takes them out of contention for me.

Thank you very much.

... but the S-Works 6 exist in wide version or there is only one version??

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
0 likes

Northwave are worth trying though mine are only just about wide enough. I get some rubbing on my little toe from time to time with them.

risoto | 6 years ago
0 likes

I am very happy with Northwave. My feet are a bit wider than most, and although my other bike shoes are fine, my Northwaves are super comfortable and have very good fit. Another great benefit, this brand sticks to the size numbers, so if you wear a size 43 for normal shoes you order the Northwave bike shoes in the same size.

Rone69 replied to risoto | 6 years ago
0 likes

risoto wrote:

I am very happy with Northwave. My feet are a bit wider than most, and although my other bike shoes are fine, my Northwaves are super comfortable and have very good fit. Another great benefit, this brand sticks to the size numbers, so if you wear a size 43 for normal shoes you order the Northwave bike shoes in the same size.

Thank you very much.

Which Northwave model are you using?

Northwave currently produces three wide feet shoes: Extreme, Evolution Plus and Sonic 2 Plus.

Latest Comments