Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Experiences with Vittoria Hyper Voyager tyres?

Have fitted these to my commuter in the 38c size, saved a pleasing 75g per tyre compared to the stock Kendas.

The tyres feel great so far, definitely quick for what they are, but I had two or three little rear-wheel-sideways moments in the wet this morning which I'm not used to!

I thought these were supposed to be relatively grippy tyres, are mine just 'scrubbing in'? (is this even a thing with bike tyres?).

Ta

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

IanEdward | 6 years ago
0 likes

OK thanks guys, sounds like it's more of a technique thing then, or I genuinely just hit the corner too fast or there was diesel on the road or something.

I'm 85kg without kit (apologies for the mental image...) so not shy of 14 stone loaded, pretty sure I've only got 55psi in there but had previously been running 50psi in my Kendas, so perhaps I've just gotten used to the grip of a slightly softer tyre (albeit  a different brand/profile).

Also my commuter is a funny shape and I think the result is more weight over the front wheel, maybe leaves the back end a bit light.

Doesn't sound like the tyre is the problem at least, good thing as I like them!

Cheers

ClubSmed | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've been using these since the end of March, they are fantastic in good conditions. They soak up the bumps in the road, are very fast and light, but when you have to deal with mud or leaf mulch they can be rather scary. As Jack said, if you run them around 60-70psi then they are fine in the wet, it's just the other slippy stuff they don't cope well with.

I'll keep mine on in the summer months have a great time with them, but come late Autumn I will be going back to my trusty Kenda Small Block 8.

Jack Osbourne snr | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've been using them on my commuter for a couple years having previously sworn by Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. They are without doubt the best fast commuter tyre out there.

Drop the pressure a bit and they'll grip better. I run mine at around 70psi but that's to cope with 14st of me plus rack, bag, laptop and clothes. If you're loading the tyres with less, you'll get away with less pressure.

The only other issue you might have is if you're running tyres this big on narrow rims... That can make cornering at speed a bit squirmy too.

Latest Comments