Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

F**king joggers

FML. I live on Ridge Avenue with the new mini-holland bike lane, it's not  a busy street with regards to pedestrians, a reasonably wide empty pavement.

AND A F**KING JOGGER JOGGING UP THE F**KING MIDDLE OF THE F**KING BIKE LANE.

What is with people? (Rhetorical)

They do this on Victoria embankment every day, no matter whether there's plenty of space on the pavement or not, it's a perverse inconsiderate selfishness.

F**kers should run down the centre of the lane in the road. Grrrrrrr

/getting it off my chest

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

Al__S | 6 years ago
2 likes

I'm ok with dog walkers. As long as they use a short lead when they're on a shared path. Extending leads are the work of the devil

Mungecrundle | 6 years ago
2 likes

Just asking for a friend who is curious, but how exactly does one wank a dog?

I expect there are videos on Youtube, but Mrs Mungecrundle has access to my browsing history.

gazza_d replied to Mungecrundle | 6 years ago
2 likes

Mungecrundle wrote:

Just asking for a friend who is curious, but how exactly does one wank a dog? I expect there are videos on Youtube, but Mrs Mungecrundle has access to my browsing history.

Try giving it a couple of biscuits first

madcarew replied to gazza_d | 6 years ago
0 likes

gazza_d wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

Just asking for a friend who is curious, but how exactly does one wank a dog? I expect there are videos on Youtube, but Mrs Mungecrundle has access to my browsing history.

Try giving it a couple of biscuits first

then reach around....

reliablemeatloaf | 6 years ago
1 like

Where I live, people run, walk, walk dogs, and even push strollers (prams) in the bike lanes. All this when there is a perfectly good sidewalk (pavement to you) not 15 feet away.

Nothing is done by the local constabulary though, as far as I know, I never see anyone getting ticketed.

So really, we're getting it from both sides, the traffic, and the pedestrians in the space set aside for us.

ConcordeCX replied to reliablemeatloaf | 6 years ago
6 likes

reliablemeatloaf wrote:

Where I live, people run, walk, walk dogs, and even push strollers (prams) in the bike lanes. All this when there is a perfectly good sidewalk (pavement to you) not 15 feet away.

Nothing is done by the local constabulary though, as far as I know, I never see anyone getting ticketed.

So really, we're getting it from both sides, the traffic, and the pedestrians in the space set aside for us.

they're using a right of way, they're not doing anything they can be ticketed for. I don't like it either, but I'd rather put up with than have people's rights eroded for the benefit of a small sub-group. And arguments for what you propose work equally well for motorists who want cyclists off the road, so be careful what you wish for. 

Mungecrundle | 6 years ago
7 likes

Other road users eh!

Learn to live with them or stay at home.

The alternative, when some tosser shouts at you to use some crappy cycle lane, is to say 'fair enough' apologise meekly and get your arse out of the road.

londoncommute replied to Mungecrundle | 6 years ago
5 likes

Mungecrundle wrote:

Other road users eh! Learn to live with them or stay at home. The alternative, when some tosser shouts at you to use some crappy cycle lane, is to say 'fair enough' apologise meekly and get your arse out of the road.

No.  They have things called pavements.  Totally agree with the OP.  Unbelievable arrogance to run in cycle lanes as you're going slightly faster than pedestrians, endangering us in the tiny bit of  a safe haven we have.   Bandits.

Mungecrundle replied to londoncommute | 6 years ago
6 likes
londoncommute wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

Other road users eh! Learn to live with them or stay at home. The alternative, when some tosser shouts at you to use some crappy cycle lane, is to say 'fair enough' apologise meekly and get your arse out of the road.

No.  They have things called pavements.  Totally agree with the OP.  Unbelievable arrogance to run in cycle lanes as you're going slightly faster than pedestrians, endangering us in the tiny bit of  a safe haven we have.   Bandits.

Well just this morning I followed a kid on a scooter (the kick kind not the motorised kind) down the middle of a residential street and you know what I just enjoyed the anarchic spirit, hung back, didn't hassle him, got held up for a few seconds and rode the rest of the way to work just a little bit happier.

Reclaim the streets.

kie7077 replied to Mungecrundle | 6 years ago
0 likes

Mungecrundle wrote:
londoncommute wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

Well just this morning I followed a kid on a scooter (the kick kind not the motorised kind) down the middle of a residential street and you know what I just enjoyed the anarchic spirit, hung back, didn't hassle him, got held up for a few seconds and rode the rest of the way to work just a little bit happier. Reclaim the streets.

Different.

https://goo.gl/maps/dUCuPM6NXtB2 (maps not update with bike lane yet, but the pavement hasn't changed size.

https://goo.gl/maps/Qu5uGV5iiuD2

I'm talking about an A-road with fast moving traffic, at the bottom of the road there are bunches of flowers attached to the lamppost because some poor person was killed. If I saw a kid riding around this road as you described it would be my civic duty to get them off the road quickly.

And different because this adult made a very conscious decision not to use a perfectly good pavement and to be very selfish. This has nothing to do with law, it's about consideration and respectfullness.

Yorkshire wallet replied to londoncommute | 6 years ago
6 likes

londoncommute wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

Dog walkers are the worst of them all. Most of them you give daggers when their piece of shit (that does pieces of shit everywhere) starts yapping and lunging and they suddenly realise they need to control their animal. Fuck off, dog wankers. 

brooksby replied to Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
3 likes

Yorkshire wallet wrote:

londoncommute wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

Dog walkers are the worst of them all. Most of them you give daggers when their piece of shit (that does pieces of shit everywhere) starts yapping and lunging and they suddenly realise they need to control their animal. Fuck off, dog wankers. 

I think a dog wanker is something completely different, and probably illegal   3

madcarew replied to brooksby | 6 years ago
3 likes

brooksby wrote:

Yorkshire wallet wrote:

londoncommute wrote:

Mungecrundle wrote:

I think a dog wanker is something completely different, and probably illegal   3

Umm, if you've ever had to collect a semen sample from a dog for AI..... Well, I used to work for a vet. It wasn't one of the  jobs we queued up for....

Definitely not illegal, except perhaps ,unless you're doing it in the privacy of your own dungeon....

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
3 likes

Take a walk down any shared use pavement, pedestrians and dog walkers just take up the whole path.

Put a cyclist into the mix and chaos will ensue, particularly if the cyclist is going any faster than a slow jog.

It's neither safe for pedestrian nor cyclists to have useless shared use paths.

Proper infrastructure for walking and cycling is needed.

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
2 likes

Don't get me started about people wandering around in public glued to their phone or using earbuds!!! If you told any person from human history up until about 20 years ago that poeple would wander around IN PUBLIC using devices that render them totally unaware of their surroundings and the people around them they'd probably laugh at you with a look of incredulity on their faces.

Great time in history to take up mugging as a new career path no. I swear we're evolving backwards...

LastBoyScout | 6 years ago
0 likes

Nearly ran a jogger over in the bike lane near me over the winter - dozy brunette was wearing black kit in the dark and it was only her white calf muscles in my headlight that gave her away.

She didn't half leap onto the pavement when I shouted at her to get out of the way.

I can understand why - the road there has been re-surfaced and the pavement isn't in great condition, but even so...

Simboid | 6 years ago
3 likes

Buy a particularly annoying/startling bell and watch them jump, problem solved.

Dog walkers, on the other hand, where do I start with them?...

Latest Comments