Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pro-Tour team heritage

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the "flow-chart" graphic of the history of the current and historical pro-teams. 

I saw it about 12 months ago and it showed which team Rabobank or Mapei etc etc have now become (if they have changed name and not just folded).  For example how Liberty Seguros were previously ONCE and how they progressed into Astana but it covered all the major teams, I think about 20+ teams as they progressed up/down rankings.

I think it showed how names changed over time since the late 60s early 70s.

Thanks in advance.

Jules

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

jollygoodvelo | 6 years ago
0 likes

Ha - I didn't realise that RaboBelkOttoUmbo originally derived from the TI-Raleigh team.  Suppose I'll have to support them a bit.

I miss Vacansoleil and Euskaltel though, they always lit up a race.

JulesC | 6 years ago
0 likes

Davel,

That's the one, thanks.

Jules

Martyn_K | 6 years ago
0 likes

Wow, some of those heritage flow charts would not look out of place on a Jeremy Kyle show!!

JulesC | 6 years ago
2 likes

Dicklexic (thats harder to type than it should be),

That covers it but like you I think there's another one out there. 

Thanks yours answers my questions and allows me to educate my son in the ways of shaved leg suffering & migraine inducing Mapei kit - thank you all very much.

Julian

PS Peted76 yes I think there are only a few people who have made any money out of it, one being notably a brash, offensive, arrogant Texan drug cheat, which is all the more ironic!  Suspect Boardman is now quite settled, but I bet he was as poor as Graeme Obree type church mouse during his actual riding career.

peted76 | 6 years ago
1 like

Pro-cycling, commercially, really is very stupid and shortsighted isnt' it.

Dicklexic | 6 years ago
0 likes

I think I know the chart you may be referring to, but can't remeber where I saw it either. I did however just find this...

http://velorooms.com/files/teamgen.pdf

It's not the one I was thinking of but is very similar in terms of content.

JulesC | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks DinosaurJR,

It wasn't the one I have seen before, the one I'm thinking of is more of a flow chart and starts in the 60s or 70s, but this is a brilliant start.

Thank you very much.

Latest Comments