Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Purist side of the game

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the selection of a team for the whole race such as the TdF with regards to whether the budget actually matters? (This is my own question and not a potential game idea)

For example if no budget was in place i think it would enhance that side of the game for such a long event as the TdF. Basically im looking at possibly 3 positions in my team which I would want a different more expensive rider, and maybe 5 changes overall, but how it would be played tactically bears little significance to the budget when picking just 9 riders for a whole race, when such a dearth of talent is available and so many types of stages are trying to be complemented over such a small selection of riders.

I actually think teams would be more diverse, as it would open up more strategy options for that side of the game

(Once the race starts I will post what my team would have been without a budget)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

I am utterly nowhere. 

Sagan

Cav

Froome

Swift

Yates

Cummings

De Kort

Lemoine

Burghardt

Only Froome is up to anything, points wise. A dribble from Yates too, but I'm not expecting to improve.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Sitting at 5th now minus Demare and Sagan  2

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thats not much of a surprise at this stage with your Purist team Andy.

Same you can't swap Sagan for another at this stage

1 like

Holy mother of ..... I'm leading the Purist comp 

0 likes

Actual purist team:

Sagan
Kittel
Petit
Demare
Van Keirsbulck
Matthews
Lemoine
Perichon
Froome

Also 4 changes for me:

Sagan
Kittel
Greipel
Demare
Majka
Matthews
Bardet
Porte
Froome

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
1 like

So below is my actual purist team

Froome
Porte
Bardet
Fuglsang
Matthews
Kittel
Petit
Grmay
Betancurt

There would be 4 changes to that if there was no budget and it would be

Porte
Froome
Quintana
Bardet
Majka
Sagan
Matthews
Kittel
Demare

JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
0 likes

Interesting that Griepel, Kristoff, Kittel and Cavendish are virtually the same value. If you had only one choice who should I go for - ehm - who would you pick? 

Condor Andy replied to JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
1 like

JohnnyRemo wrote:

Interesting that Griepel, Kristoff, Kittel and Cavendish are virtually the same value. If you had only one choice who should I go for - ehm - who would you pick? 

Not Kristoff 

0 likes

I'll do the same!

Latest Comments