Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

FELT AR1 Stolen at Wiggle Sussex Gran Fondo 2017

My Felt AR1 was stolen at the Wiggle Sussex Gran Fondo 2017 (Fontwell Park Race Track) on Saturday 03 June 2017 at around 0730hrs. I had left the bike against the wall immediately adjacent to the Tecom building entrance (the toilets with no lights!), not far from the registration tent, and was left unattended for no more than a couple of minutes.

This a very distinctive bike (black, red and white), and was custom built only one year ago. Full specification as follows;

FELT AR1 – size 54 cm, black with red and white detailing (Frame # 4251206307264)

Zipp 404 NSW clincher wheel set

SRAM Red etap

Quarq Power meter

52/36 chain rings SRAM

11/28 SRAM cassette

SRAM 172.5mm crankset

Fizik Saddle (black and red)

Wahoo Bolt computer

I would be grateful if you could please let me know if you see a bike fitting this description, either on the road or advertised for sale.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Strathbean | 6 years ago
0 likes

this looks legit, but a very similar bike to what you describe. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FELT-AR1-SRAM-ETAP-SIZE-56CM-Warranty-any-part...

Chill replied to Strathbean | 6 years ago
1 like

Strathbean wrote:

this looks legit, but a very similar bike to what you describe. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FELT-AR1-SRAM-ETAP-SIZE-56CM-Warranty-any-part...

Thanks Strathbean, really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I did spot it the other day; identical in colour but it has different wheels and gearing on, although appreciate someone could easily swap out parts. However, I did dig a little deeper and the add was placed prior to my bike being stolen. Thanks again though.

Similarly, thanks to all the other messages......I don't hold out much hope of getting it back, but you never know!!

pablo | 6 years ago
0 likes

Bad luck hope you get it back. Keep an eye on the Facebook groups as well.
A bike was stolen at a sportive I attended a few years ago fortunately someone saw the guy putting the bike in the back of a car and was followed. The police stopped him on the M40 dressed in lycra to blend in. My bike never gets left at a sportive unless it has a cafe lock and then only reluctantly. My thinking is a thief will have hundreds of other nice bikes to nick and cutting a small lock will be a bit obvious.

londoncommute | 6 years ago
0 likes

Gutted for you.

It's only surprising it doesn't happen more often to all of us so try not to think it's your fault for leaving it.

Chill | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the comments and suggestions ...agree it will probably be broken down and sold in parts, and will be keeping a keen eye on eBay, gumtree etc.

although insured, my insurers won't coff up as it wasn't locked....just as every other bike there wasn't, as is the same at every sportive I've ever attended. Lesson there for us all I guess. 

Cheers

Grahamd replied to Chill | 6 years ago
0 likes

Chill wrote:

although insured, my insurers won't coff up as it wasn't locked....just as every other bike there wasn't, as is the same at every sportive I've ever attended. Lesson there for us all I guess. 

Cheers

This is the reason a purchased a small and probably useless lock for such events. It easily pops in my pocket yet satisfies that insurance question.

I feel for you, we all like to think that fellow cyclists and people at such events are decent and honest.

Wish you every success.

kil0ran | 6 years ago
0 likes

Arse.

With that build level I'd imagine it will get parted out so I'd be watching Gumtree/eBay for eTap groups, the power meter, wheels, and computer. Gotta be £1k in parts s/h there.

Insured or microdotted?

sergius | 6 years ago
0 likes

Damn...

I've always been worried about just leaving my bike outside at these things when you pop to the loo etc at various feed stations.  I hope you get it back.

Latest Comments