Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Euston Station Bike Parking

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, (been reading stuff for a while but never posted!).

I'm planning on parking my bike at Euston station tomorrow for the first time and was looking for advice on where is safest to park and lock the bike?

All the posts I've seen so far (here and elsewhere) seem quite outdated so advice would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Beard0.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Beard0 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I only did it the one time, i usually park at Paddington and have not had any issues there, though Paddington does offer "secure" parking on platform 10/11 which you need to register for. I don't know if Euston now might offer the same, but it didn't last year.

Tommyguns81 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi Beard0,

How have you got on with this, i'm looking to start doing this with a cheapish single speed around Euston.

Cheers

Tommy

Beard0 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks both, I parked it next to the transport police office on the recommendation of a security officer at the station. It was still there when I returned so all good. Thanks again.

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
0 likes
Dnnnnnn | 6 years ago
0 likes

Welcome Beard0!

There are double-deck cycle racks behind the Nando's outside the station (between the rail and bus stations). These seem quite secure - lots of them, so safety in numbers, and an annoying movement-activated recorded message telling you that, "The cycle racks are monitored by CCTV. 24 hours a day". Over and over and over again. Which kinds suggests that no-one is actually watching the CCTV but anyway.

There are also racks opposite the Sainsbury's. These seem less safe but probably have more human eyes on them. Whether the passing passengers attached to those eyes would actually bother to do anything if your bike was obviously being nicked is debatable!

Latest Comments