Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rear mech hanger

I need your lights please!

Yesterday i realize that i lost the screw of the rear hanger (that who secures the hanger in the frame).  The hanger is like this: https://www.paligap.cc/MEKK-Gear-Hanger-No-05-(AL-MODELS)_8501_p and the screw+nut look like these: http://soshanger.com/Nut-and-Bolt-for-derailleur-hanger-and-frame-attach.... The problem is i have found many like this but i don't know if all are the same and what exactly to ask. I contacted with the wiggle who i bought it, but they can help me.

Thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

sergius | 6 years ago
0 likes

That happened to my Rose, Rose were more than happy to sell me a new hanger plus fittings - but weren't able to confirm what sort of machine screw it was (at least on both of my bikes the rear hangers are fitted with "M" screws).

I popped into my LBS and the workshop had hundreds of spare lying around, I did a quick comparison against the remaining screw and they gave me an appropriate screw.  I had looked around online, but it's fairly hard to buy them in small quantities from my limited experience - certainly a problem if you aren't sure exactly what sort you need.  Likewise B&Q didn't have the right ones available either.

As I understand it there are three dimensions to machine screws; width, length and thread spacing (whatever the correct term for this is), so it's fairly easy to buy the wrong thing.

peted76 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry I don't know. Again my advice is to give your LBS a call or drop in, this is the sort of knowledge which they'll know straight away and probably stock too.

trohos | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have a feedback from wiggle that says "you can use a standard chainring bolt" but what size (length)? i saw 5mm, 8mm, 13mm chainring bolts. 

peted76 | 6 years ago
1 like

I don't know, BUT I'd imagine that these are all of a standard. For a quid I think you can risk it.

However it'll be quicker and nicer to nip down to your LBS or bike mechanic who will have these knocking about. 

Latest Comments