Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hide the giro results!

I need to remember not to go on the site until I've at least watched the highlights. Or, to prevent spoilers, I reckon the headline for any big race should just be "today at the giro/tour/etc". Pure selfishness of course!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

fustuarium | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've asked before for it to be a no spoiler photo and 'Giro\Tour\Veulta Stage X" headline. I can't imagine it drives traffic to the site for people wanting to know the result, but it's good to know that it's not just me who avoids this site and others until I've watched the highlights.

Side story: my twilight manager was once waiting for night manager to come in. He knew night manager would be late as he was wathcing the Euro football finals. All he asked was for night manger not to tell him the result as he was recording it and wanted to watch when he got home. At 10pm he get's a call from night manager "Brian, I'm going to be even later as it's just gone to extra time....". Poor old twilight manager went home and fast forwarded first 90 minutes of the game lol. He was fuming!

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
1 like

Ferking Eurosport!!?!?!?! 

I recorded the highlights last night, pressed play.....

Eurosport runs a news roundup just before the program and gives away the winner. You utter tw@ts! I can't believe they did that. Saved me some time that evening I suppose. 

barbarus replied to Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
0 likes
Yorkshire wallet wrote:

Ferking Eurosport!!?!?!?! 

I recorded the highlights last night, pressed play.....

Eurosport runs a news roundup just before the program and gives away the winner. You utter tw@ts! I can't believe they did that. Saved me some time that evening I suppose. 

Ouch, yes, that has caught me out as well!

MandaiMetric | 6 years ago
1 like

Do you want to be Bob or Terry in this scenario? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0077jrd

MartyMcCann | 6 years ago
3 likes

I used to agree with you but it now seems the norm (not just on this site but everywhere) so it is virtually impossible to miss the result.  Instead I now take the Columbo approach- you know who did it at the start, it is just the process of seeing how it was done unfold that provides the entertainment value!

kitkat replied to MartyMcCann | 6 years ago
1 like

MartyMcCann wrote:

I used to agree with you but it now seems the norm (not just on this site but everywhere) so it is virtually impossible to miss the result...

Same here however i'm now subscribed to the rather excellent Cycling Podcast which has changed the Grand Tours for me. They will announce the winner at the start but then go into loads of interesting insight about riders, teams, locations, customs, food which gives you a real flavour for the country, not just the race results

It's so good this might be the first time in years i won't watch the TdF, i'll just follow it on the podcast

Latest Comments