Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycle computer advice

Hi all looking for some help,started training to do a couple of 100k spins,want to get a computer to show the usual speed time etc but also want cadence sensor and heart rate monitor as well looking to spend around £100 area,any recommendations a not looking anything to complex looked at a few online but they don't seem to include sensor etc, just as options ,I don't need anything with maps or stuff,at moment doing 30 40 k spins and want to work up to 100k but want to figure out cadence and monitor heart rate ,thanks 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

ibr17xvii | 6 years ago
1 like

I use a Cateye Stealth Evo+ paired with a Garmin cadence sensor on my crank & a Garmin HRM & have no complaints.

Look on eBay for the Cateye computer, they appear quite frequently.

Jackson | 6 years ago
0 likes

Bryton 310 or 330. 

baz69 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for info was looking at cateye products as they seem to be well regarded,initially looked at cateye strata wireless with cadence but the padrone smart + certainly seems to fit the bill I wonder is their an arm mount that works with it ,any other comparisons to look at ,thanks 

TypeVertigo replied to baz69 | 6 years ago
0 likes

baz69 wrote:

Thanks for info was looking at cateye products as they seem to be well regarded,initially looked at cateye strata wireless with cadence but the padrone smart + certainly seems to fit the bill I wonder is their an arm mount that works with it ,any other comparisons to look at ,thanks 

Not sure if there was ever a Cat Eye cycling computer that had an arm band mount designed for it, if that's what you meant. Closest thing I could think of was a clothing clip, but that was for mounting their rear lights, not computers.

I believe the Strada Wireless with Cadence is an older model from 2013 or so. I don't know if that will work with a heart rate strap; my guess is it won't. If you have a bigger budget, there's a Strada Smart out there, that is arguably the Padrone Smart+'s bigger brother with more features.

TypeVertigo | 6 years ago
0 likes

If you don't need navigation, Cat Eye Padrone Smart+ should fit the bill. It's sold as a bundle that includes a speed/cadence sensor and a heart rate strap; you could also buy it on its own and provide your own sensors instead.

Latest Comments