Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mallorca 167km

Hi all,has anybody rode the Mallorca 167km,thinking of it for next year ?Any thoughts appreciated

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

graybags | 6 years ago
0 likes

I did this event last year also, it was very wet so the initial descents off Puig Major were quite a challenge. I had no issues with the food stops and all in all it was a great ride, but yes doing the full 312 particularly when it takes you past the start is arguably a little pointless !

Steve7 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks  srchar for info

srchar | 6 years ago
1 like

I did the 312 last year. It was alright. The first third or so of the route was interesting, but it was clear that the rest of it was just trying to stretch things out for the sake of making the distance.  The slog out to Arta and back was particularly dull.  If you're doing the 167, you won't do that bit though.

I found the organisation lacking; the food stops were far too small for the number of riders and what was on offer was poor.

The island itself is a great place to ride, but if you want to do a European gran fondo, I'd recommend the Maratona dles Dolomites instead. The only reason to go to Majorca is if you want to get a metric triple under your belt.

Latest Comments