Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Planet X RTD 80 Size Help!

I'm thinking of changing my Whyte Suffolk frame for an RTD 80 from Planet X. Looking at the sizing and geometry (and being very tall) I'll need an XXL.

One thing that doesn't add up for me is the stand over height that is listed. It says it's 938mm which seems extremely high to me. I asked Planet X about this and they said that it is correct but I'm really not sure how it can be? My Whyte measures at 830mm and the geometries are not that far apart.

Anyone any experience with these that can clear this up or have any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

jamoose | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi there, I bought an XXl RTD80 about seven months ago and the stand over height is quite high. I'm 6ft 5in and when I stop at lights I need to lean a little more than my last bike to get my foot steady. I personally don't think it's a big deal, barely noticeable. Keep your eye on the sales, I got one with a SRAM Rival 22 hydraulic groupset for £900! Really enjoying the bike - be careful if you want to run 28s though, I have Conti 4000s ii 25s and at the front it's very snug. J

Latest Comments