Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2 Hybrids Stolen in Cambridge

Hi there,

Long shot I know but we had our garage broken into and our hybrids stolen from the Cambridge area. They're BTwin hoprider 520s, and unfortunately the accessories are worth more than the bikes!

The bikes are 3 years old, and to be quite honest looking a bit old, but they've been well maintained and are our about town/getting to work bikes.

Serial numbers on the frames are 0002-0104-6979 and 0002-0103-3849, and they look like this: //contents.mediadecathlon.com/p312037/550x550/hoprider-520-city-bike-hf.jpg/)

sorry for the stock photo but I don't have a recent photo to hand.

Accessories are, sadly, a Fizik Antares saddle, a Brooks B67 ladies saddle, an Exposure Blaze MK1 rear light, an Exposure Diablo front light, a Fibre Flare rear light, 2 sets of Shimano SPD-SL pedals, and they both had a trailer bracket on their rear wheel.

Please keep an eye out on Gumtree/Ebay .

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

terrycojones | 6 years ago
1 like

Hi kitsunegari. Sorry to hear about the theft  2  Can you say, more or less, where it happened? I live outside Cambridge and though I always have my bikes locked, they're outside, and I worry about them all the time. I know there's a ton of theft in the city, especially near the train station, but I often wonder whether I should be doing more to keep things safe. Thanks!

Terry

CXR94Di2 replied to terrycojones | 6 years ago
0 likes

terrycojones wrote:

Hi kitsunegari. Sorry to hear about the theft  2  Can you say, more or less, where it happened? I live outside Cambridge and though I always have my bikes locked, they're outside, and I worry about them all the time. I know there's a ton of theft in the city, especially near the train station, but I often wonder whether I should be doing more to keep things safe. Thanks!

Terry

Multiple motorcylce locks to deter said thieves and some sort of vibration activated loud alarm to alert attention to anyone so thieves dont have a quiet 15mins to work on locks.

Latest Comments