Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Saddles required : High Wycombe area...

Any one know of a decent Bike shop in the Wycombe area that has a reasonable policy on Saddles.

Every one I've spoken to so far quotes "Can be returned if Unused" so one single mark and I'm stuck with a (potentially) unsuitable saddle.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Boombang | 6 years ago
0 likes

Got a few here I am soon to ebay if interested?

I bought some nearly new off ebay and a couple new when was heavier / lighter or for a bike I no longer have.

Spent a long time finding what works.

Only one not got is the camo one but a black leather instead (Charge Spoon).

Fizik Aliante R7, new but has marks on rails as came with bike.

John Cobb V-Flow plus x 2 which are a little worn.

John Cobb lightweight version, a little worn.

ISM Adamo in the 1.1 shape, new.

Spesh Romin Pro with carbon rails, new.

Selle X1, new.

Black blue one is a Focus oem of my cx bike, will keep in case sell on.

Tjuice | 6 years ago
0 likes

Jim,

You could try eBay.  Buy something second hand that's fairly new, but didn't suit its owner.  See how you get on and if you don't like it, sell it for roughly what you paid for it.

Looks like I am going to have to go through that process again now.  Since losing a bunch of weight, the saddle I swore by for many years is really uncomfortable now  2

Good luck

yann le coz | 6 years ago
0 likes

A W cycles in Caversham / Reading also do the Fizik trial.

Otherwise I think I still have a nearly new decathlon saddle somewhere in the garage. http://road.cc/content/review/155622-btwin-900-sport-saddle

Bowks | 6 years ago
0 likes

It's a little out your way, but I know that The Bike Company in Windsor loaned me a few different Fizik saddles last year when I was on the hunt for a new one.

Otherwise, Bontrager's returns policy is pretty flexible. 

JimD666 | 6 years ago
1 like

So after a couple of days phoning round bike shops, I've come to realise why LBS are vanishing. Haven't dealt with such a bunch of unfriendly, unhelpful and frankly, disinterested bunch of people in some time. Stuff 'em. Buy on-line and cross fingers  2

Latest Comments