Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fulcrum Racing Zeros due a service?

After some advice if I may.

The freehub on my Fulcrum Racing Zeros has gone from almost silent to a faint click, but on every wheel rotation there is a slight different tone once, a sort of elevated clicking sound - Its hard to describe. Also the spokes have begun to 'ping' slightly under heavy load when climbing out the saddle.

They run perfectly true and have only covered 3000 dry miles, is this bedding in? or should I be pro-active and arrange a wheel service already?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

matthewn5 | 6 years ago
1 like

Fulcrum Racing Zeros are so easy to service you can do it yourself in 20 minutes. There's a great video YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wju6FWiVjQ

All you need is a spanner and two hex keys. Those Campag Record hubs will last for absolutely ever, if regularly maintained.

One point: Fulcrum/Campag freehubs shouldn't be silent, they should be noisy! Someone's put too much grease in, in the past. Yes, the 'note' of the clicking changes depending on how much grease is left in them. If you haven't serviced them ever, they've might have gone a little dry.

Have fun! It's so easy. I enjoy doing a service on my Campag/Fulcrum hubs.

Latest Comments