Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Questions for Wahoo Bolt owners

Hi all,

I'm considering ditching my Garmin 810 for a Wahoo Bolt. However, there's three big features I can't do without and I'm wondering if third party apps can fill the hole:

1/ Off course notifications and the ability to detect when I'm back on course without manual intervention.

2/ Offline ability to get me to a specific location (either by postcode or, at a push, by pin drop).

3/ Generate directions to get me to the start of a course.

Of those, not having 2 is the killer. However, I know there's quite a few third party route planning apps that are capable of doing this and uploading to the Bolt. However... I've not found one that can work offline.

If 2 isn't solved yet there are free software libraries that are capable of creating directions offline and so I could make an app to do it. However, this'd take me a couple of weekends so if there's any off the shelf apps that have this feature already that'd be fantastic.

Cheers!

It's a shame that Komoot and RideWithGPS can't create routes offline or that'd be spot on.)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

part_robot | 7 years ago
0 likes

The answer according to Wahoo themselves is:

> Thank you for your inquiry. At this time, there are no offline routing options on the Bolt or in the app.

So there we have it. I'll stick with my bloody 810 then  7

part_robot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Excellent. Pretty much an instant purchase then once I get paid. Thanks  1

21xtreme | 7 years ago
0 likes

no 1: yes it will notify you when you go off course but wont navigate you back on course you have to figure out getting back on route yourself. once back on course it will carry on navigating you.

no2: yes with the compainion app you can drop a pin and it will plot a route for you or you can search as it uses google search engine...havent used the search option yet on mine

No3: you have to navigate to start on your own 

Latest Comments