Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Prudential RideLondon volunteers - 2018 ride place guarantee?

Apparently, if you are a volunteer group of 10 you're guaranteed a place on the 2018 ride. 

www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/info-hub/volunteers/get-involved

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Dropped | 6 years ago
0 likes

Just out of interest what is the legal position regarding riding any closed road event without paying an entry fee? Does the road closure order just cover motor vehicles?

turboprannet replied to Dropped | 6 years ago
0 likes

Dropped wrote:

Just out of interest what is the legal position regarding riding any closed road event without paying an entry fee? Does the road closure order just cover motor vehicles?

You may get pulled off.

Dnnnnnn replied to turboprannet | 6 years ago
3 likes

turboprannet wrote:

Dropped wrote:

You may get pulled off.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that a disincentive.

Jackson replied to Dnnnnnn | 6 years ago
1 like

Duncann wrote:

turboprannet wrote:

Dropped wrote:

You may get pulled off.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that a disincentive.

Not sure on legal position but you'd look like a dick, congest the course even more and make it more dangerous for everyone else, and make it harder on emergency services if anything goes wrong for either you or people who have paid. 

Leviathan replied to Dropped | 6 years ago
1 like

Dropped wrote:

I am not sure anyone would spot you are a numberless rider in the flow of people. Someone suggested getting up early and doing it at 4am. Though the prospect of getting up at 2am and riding the course in the dark is not appealing. You'd probably get caught by the quick ones at the front. I do have last years number, which would be very cheeky, though I would be embarrassed for 100miles thinking some one would spot it, though probabaly no one would notice or care.

jollygoodvelo replied to Leviathan | 6 years ago
0 likes

Leviathan wrote:

I do have last years number, which would be very cheeky, though I would be embarrassed for 100miles thinking some one would spot it, though probabaly no one would notice or care.

My bike still has both the 2014 and 2016 number stickers on it.  They're really sticky, can't be bothered to remove them  4

fenix replied to Dropped | 6 years ago
0 likes

Dropped wrote:

It's a dick move.  Ride elsewhere that day - the roads will be free of cyclists ! 

Grahamd replied to fenix | 6 years ago
1 like

fenix wrote:

Dropped wrote:

It's a dick move.  Ride elsewhere that day - the roads will be free of cyclists ! 

They may be free of cyclists but full of cars due to nearby closed roads!

wycombewheeler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Its not clear, it's possible it may be more than one place, I very much doubt its as many as one place per volunteer.

dottigirl replied to wycombewheeler | 6 years ago
2 likes

wycombewheeler wrote:

Its not clear, it's possible it may be more than one place, I very much doubt its as many as one place per volunteer.

Conveniently muddy - I expect it's one for ten people. That's gonna be an awkward decision.

dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

Is that one guaranteed place per person, or one guaranteed place?

Simontuck | 6 years ago
0 likes

I suppose it's progress. Good for them. I'm over it now, not interested.

wycombewheeler | 6 years ago
0 likes

so I just need to get 9 people to volunteer with me and I can get a place next year?

Latest Comments