Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help me decide

I am looking for a new bike and like so many others am drawn to Canyon and Rose.

I have narrowed it down to either the Rose X-Lite 4400 with SRAM force groupset (claimed 6.5kg) or the Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9 Di with the Ultegra electronic groupset (claimed 7.1kg).

I live in north Wales and love cycling in the hills so the Rose appeals to me for its weight and it is cheaper but I have heard great things about electro ic shifting and Canyon bikes in general.

The question is this, is the Di groupset worth the extra weight and couple of hundred pounds?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

peted76 | 6 years ago
1 like

Good question. 

I have Di2 and I think I'd say that I wouldn't go out of my way to get electronic groupset, it's very nice don't get me wrong, I really like changing gear going uphill without thinking about that physical 'click'..  but for me watching the pennies it's a 'luxury',  all being equal, next time I get a bike, I'd rather spend the cash elsewhere. 

I think you'd be pleased with either of those bikes, my mate has a rose and it's very good. I think as a shallow consumer with little actual knowledge I'd prefer the ROSE to Canyon. But that's just me, nice problem to have  1

Latest Comments