Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A Garmin related question

I feel that the answer should be obvious but I want to be sure before splashing the cash.

I have just fulfilled the N+1 itch and want to have speed and cadenance sensors on both of my bike. I have a garmin edge 810. Can you have two different sets of sensors paired with the one garmin, as I don't want the faff of moving the sensors depending on which bike I am going to be riding.

Shared knowledge will be gratefully received.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Nat Jas Moe | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all your feed back, I now feel a bit more confident about buying another set of sensors and finding that they will pair up properly.

Cheers once again

DaveE128 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Indeed you can have multiple sets of sensors paired. On the Edge 800, unfortunately it doesn't automatically switch between bikes, you have to do it manually. It is quick and easy, but easily forgotten until you see no cadence showing on the screen! I don't know if the Edge 810 has the very obvious feature of having the unit automatically switch to the sensors that are active, and if more than one set are, asking which to use.

Edit: up to 10 bikes supported, no mention of auto switching: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/01/garmin-edge-810-in-depth-review.html...

Redvee replied to DaveE128 | 7 years ago
0 likes

DaveE128 wrote:

Indeed you can have multiple sets of sensors paired. On the Edge 800, unfortunately it doesn't automatically switch between bikes, you have to do it manually. It is quick and easy, but easily forgotten until you see no cadence showing on the screen! I don't know if the Edge 810 has the very obvious feature of having the unit automatically switch to the sensors that are active, and if more than one set are, asking which to use.

Edit: up to 10 bikes supported, no mention of auto switching: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/01/garmin-edge-810-in-depth-review.html...

IIRC To change betwen bike profiles on Edge 810 you can selct them on one of the screens or on the home screen the upper display will show one of the bike profiles available and arrows left and right and you simply swipe left/right till you get to the selected profile. The 810 will recognise the newer hub mounted speed sensor.

The Edge 820 has auto switching between sensors on different bikes.

kevvjj | 7 years ago
1 like

You can pair any ant+ sensor made by any manufacturer. I have both Bryton and Garmin sensors paired to my 810.

BrokenBootneck | 7 years ago
0 likes

Yep I have two versions of the Garmin sensors ( old style and new) as long as you pair them or will be fine. 

Latest Comments