Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone use Continental Grand Prix GT?

The Grand Prix GT looks to be a good middle ground between the GP 4000 S II and the GP4S, especially as it is now available in 28 mm. 

I would use these for weekend rides of 100-200 km. They would be replacing Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2 25 mm - any small stone or shard of glass seems to slice straight through, even in the tread centre. 

Does anyone have experience of the Grand Prix GT? What were your impressions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

bob_c | 6 years ago
1 like

They've been great! They feel smooth, comfortable and fast. I've been using the 28s on DT R460s and they work really well. Had an issue with one wheel which meant I had to use an Open Pro - felt less stable and a narrower size would definitely work better for older 15c rims.
No punctures in about 1500 miles and they don't seem to be very cut up despite the occasional off road excursion. I think the balance of durability, comfort, price and low rolling resistance is just about right. I don't race but these were fine on a 180 mile ride on Saturday. The only problems were with failing self adhesive patches but that's a separate issue!
Thanks to all who recommended them.

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

What do you think of them?

bob_c | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone - much appreciated! As the feedback is overwhelmingly positive I have ordered a couple of 28s

turnerjohn | 7 years ago
0 likes

as above....

very slightly less flexible side walls but then tougher....

your notice a massive difference over the PRO3s which I found were horrific in all areas !

theloststarfighter | 7 years ago
0 likes

I run these all weather, all year and they're excellent.  One pinch flat in 3000+ miles. They show a few small nicks but nothing all the way through.  Good value compared to some others.

Rod Marton | 7 years ago
0 likes

Very good indeed. Performance is, surprisingly enough, between GP4000 and GP4S, durability is excellent, puncture resistance very good. I put these on my summer bike and got about 5000km out of them and got only one puncture - and that was a snakebite. It's probably fair to descibe these as GP3s, I would prefer something a bit heavier for my local lanes in winter, but now my tyre of choice for spring to autumn.

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

My absolute favourite tyres. Light, fast and buttery smooth. I've had a couple of punctures in the autumn when they're flailing the hawthorns but they're generally pretty good, they don't seem to get cut up by glass at all.

Latest Comments