Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

specialized road test day

Going to a speciaized road test day at a motor racing circuit on Sunday hoping to ride a new Roubaix.  Has anybody been to one and know how how it works in terms of getting to ride the bike you want and how long you get etc?  

Cheers 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Luv2ride | 7 years ago
0 likes

Not sure using a race track would be a particularly good test of the new Roubaix though? That said the local circuit here at Castle Combe has its fair share of road surface "imperfections".  Bit like when I hired a ti bike in Mallorca, whilst it was very nice I couldn't really tell if it was the bike smoothing everything out, or whether the beautifully surfaced roads meant there was nothing to smooth out!

I am a human | 7 years ago
0 likes

I went to one last year and it was brilliant.  They had nearly all the sizes of the Tarmac, Tarmac Disc, Venge Vias, Roubaix, and Diverge.  As it was held at a race track you got two or three laps of the track to try each bike, so probably around 20 minutes each.  Sometimes there was a bit of a wait for the right size to become available but it was definitely worth the time spent there.  All you need is your cycling kit, and your pedals and shoes.

Latest Comments