Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stolen - Norco Threshold SL 2016 CX bike

Hello.

On Friday morning last week my beautiful Norco Threshold was stolen during a burglary at my home in North Leeds. It was inside the house and out of sight of prying eyes, but that wasn't safe enough, it seems. I'm asking for your help to see if I might be able to get it back. Long shot I know, but one has to try.

It's a rather distinctive machine; I haven't actually seen another one on the road since I got it in Feb 2016. It has a mint-green and black chequerboard paintjob on a 60.5cm frame, Ultegra 6800 shifters and hydraulic disc brakes. It carries one or two upgrades over the standard build too:

• the Rotor 3D30 cranks have mid-compact Rotor noQ 52/36T chainrings, as opposed to the standard 46/36T rings;
  • I fitted Shimano XT Touring pedals;
  • the stock Easton EA70 stem (110mm?) was replaced with a 130mm version; 
  • the Fizik saddle was replaced with a 155mm Specialized Phenom (black with white dots);
  • the bars are double-wrapped in tape, with black/silver Fizik-logo'd tape on the outside and a ton of black electrical tape keeping things tidy;
  • two Tacx BIanchi bottle cages are in place on th e down tube and seat tube ('celeste' matches the Norco paint);
  • there were two Exposure TracerR rear lights in place on the seatpost; on the front, I had one Exposure Race mk.6 light and one Cateye Nano Shot Plus EL-625RC light slung to hang beneath the bars;
  • the drive-side chain-stay is wrapped in an old innertube to protect it from from chain slap;
  • there's a fair amount of crackled lacquer in the top-tube from a workstand clamp; the down tube has a chunk out of it high up near the join with the head-tube and there's a big scratch on the top of the bottom-bracket, drive-side, where I dropped the chain climbing Wessenden Head in last year's Brian Robinson Challenge. First sportive I rode it in too. Bugger. 

I will try to find some kind of reward for anyone that can offer any information as to its whereabouts and eventual return.

If anyone has any information, please reply to my post here, send email to Christopher.Stiff [at] westyorkshire.pnn.police.uk or contact West Yorkshire Police at Stainbeck Police Station in Leeds, by simply dialling  101.

I'm not holding out much hope of seeing it again, but one has to try. I'd appreciate any help that can be given.

Thank you,
Chris Dix.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments