Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin Product Release Dates

Does anyone have experience of how reliable the Garmin product release dates are?  

Looking at the new Garmin Fenix 5 and Amazon have it as April 1st whilst Garmin are saying a very vague Q1  whilst Cotswold Outdoors (where I have pre-ordered due to 15% discount) have no date!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Multisport-Outdoor-Navigation-Wrist-Base...

Just being a restless gadget addict.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Team EPO | 7 years ago
0 likes

Well after all the nay sayers me included they launched early, nice watch but no game changerbut does fit better under my work shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJETo5wEhhk

GBurch | 7 years ago
0 likes

Looks absolutely awesome.

However, I too would not trust the release date. Amazon often does not know when a product will be released. They make up a date which they push back because if they give a date there is a better chance of people making a preorder.

I have been burned before with Amazon's other release dates. I don't trust them. Let alone one on April 1st.

davel | 7 years ago
1 like

Me too - want want want.

In my experience, if I got a date out of Garmin I wouldn't have much faith in it, so I'm OK with 'Q1' at this point. I saw that at Amazon and just assumed they'd gone with the latest Q1 date as safest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped a bit. It can't be far off... dcrainmaker had a look back in Jan, I think.

You can register your interest and they'll supposedly keep you posted.

Team EPO replied to davel | 7 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:

Me too - want want want.

In my experience, if I got a date out of Garmin I wouldn't have much faith in it, so I'm OK with 'Q1' at this point. I saw that at Amazon and just assumed they'd gone with the latest Q1 date as safest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped a bit. It can't be far off... dcrainmaker had a look back in Jan, I think.

You can register your interest and they'll supposedly keep you posted.

I contacted Garmin UK via Facebook and they said try contacting the product manager via Linkedin but kleft me guessing who it might be!  Do think Garmin are mising a trick by not being more proactive with consumer eagerness and the comms plans.

Latest Comments