Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

One of the lightest road bikes in Europe

I ride gust now a cannondale super six nano,which is one of the 8 lightest bikes in Europe.It weighs at 5.2Kilos only.
It wears a campagnolo super record groups etc, with Ax lightness brakes, Ax lightness saddle, Schwmolk seat post and bontrager xxx carbon handle bar and stem.The wheelset is very light at 1060gr.
Nontas

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

700c | 7 years ago
0 likes

Popped into a local shop today (leisure lakes daventry) and was surprised to see a 4.??kg trek Emonda on display - alegedly the lightest bike around (perhaps lightest 'production frame'?) It felt crazy light to pick up!

Aside from the wheels and saddle the components were pretty standard, so I imagine there's plenty of scope to go lighter

Half price as well. I got the impression they're keen to get rid

Sadly for me it came with a 70kg rider weight limit!!!

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

Very nice ride @Nontas1951. I hope you post back with the mfg name/model of your wheelset and tires (tubular, clincher, size and psi). Also, how it handles on a fast decent; does it stay planted over mild bumps, does it have a nervous twitch, and if it holds it line on curves.

Simon E | 7 years ago
0 likes

I don't think ~5kg is that unusual nowadays. Dan Evans's 2014 Supersix weighed 5.2 kg, the following year he rode one weighing 4.9 kg. Lou Bates's Cervelo built with odds & sods from ebay was 5.3 kg and others would be similarly lightweight.

SingleSpeed | 7 years ago
0 likes

That's a hell of a lot of uber expensive kit for it to weigh 5.2kg! When you start mentioning Schmolcke and AX Lightness and those daft pedals you'd expect it to be under 4.5kg at least.

I mean one of my stock Mountain bikes weighs 7.1kg! 

beezus fufoon | 7 years ago
0 likes

nice occasional table - wanna swap it for some pedals?

Dr_Lex replied to beezus fufoon | 7 years ago
0 likes

beezus fufoon wrote:

nice occasional table - wanna swap it for some pedals?

From a quick glance, I had thought that the OP had shotgun cartridges on the cranks. 

<insert joke here>

LastBoyScout replied to Dr_Lex | 7 years ago
0 likes

Dr_Lex wrote:

From a quick glance, I had thought that the OP had shotgun cartridges on the cranks. 

<insert joke here>

Would certainly stop close passes!

ChrisB200SX | 7 years ago
0 likes

5.2kg, that's good, if you carry it frequently. Do you ride up mountains a lot?

Lightness is great but aero is king.

harman_mogul | 7 years ago
0 likes

Very nice bike, and rare to see a SuperSix built with Campag. Saddle looks a bit rugged!

Nontas1951 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Photos for cannondale

tarquin_foxglove replied to Nontas1951 | 7 years ago
4 likes

Nontas1951, please read below, take on board the requirements & retake the photo of your bike:

Obsessive Compulsive Poser (OCP) guide to bike photos
Postby NapoleonD » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 am

There are many bike photographs on here but the reference shot must be taken in a specific way otherwise there will be a higher risk of flaming. Plus, it shows your lovely bikes off better! 
Don't say I didn't warn you! 

1 - Bike should be against a white background, say a garage door or wall, so the bike shows up properly, or if taken well, a black background with suitable lighting. 

2 - Bike must be flat to camera, no silly angles. 

3 - Bike must be drive side showing 

4 - Chain in big ring, towards the smaller cogs at the back 

5 - Crankarm following the line of the seat tube or chainstay 

6 - Stem must be in the negative fitting. Even if you ride with it pointing up. 

7 - Dork discs, reflectors, pumps, lights etc are NOT acceptable, again, even if you ride with them. 

Source http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12618247

Nontas1951 wrote:

Photos for cannondale

S-J replied to tarquin_foxglove | 7 years ago
0 likes

Shut the fuck up.

tarquin_foxglove wrote:

Nontas1951, please read below, take on board the requirements & retake the photo of your bike:

Obsessive Compulsive Poser (OCP) guide to bike photos
Postby NapoleonD » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 am

There are many bike photographs on here but the reference shot must be taken in a specific way otherwise there will be a higher risk of flaming. Plus, it shows your lovely bikes off better! 
Don't say I didn't warn you! 

1 - Bike should be against a white background, say a garage door or wall, so the bike shows up properly, or if taken well, a black background with suitable lighting. 

2 - Bike must be flat to camera, no silly angles. 

3 - Bike must be drive side showing 

4 - Chain in big ring, towards the smaller cogs at the back 

5 - Crankarm following the line of the seat tube or chainstay 

6 - Stem must be in the negative fitting. Even if you ride with it pointing up. 

7 - Dork discs, reflectors, pumps, lights etc are NOT acceptable, again, even if you ride with them. 

Source http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12618247

Nontas1951 wrote:

Photos for cannondale

Latest Comments